Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hello Shaz, I haven`t been to this site, but have been recommended it by an avid angler. It`s the Weir Caravan Park at Stamford Bridge, York.
http://www.yorkshireholidayparks.co.uk

If you fancied a chalet holiday, there`s a nice site near Caernarvon in N.Wales, called Glan Gwna, has a river running through it, they used to have a caravan and campsite site, but not anymore, it`s very pretty though.
http://www.glangwna.com
Hope to have been of some help.
Sorry Shaz, just noticed that you said tent, not caravan, stupid me!
Hi again Shaz, been pumping my brother-in-law, a keen camper and angler, and he suggested
http://www.woodlandwaters.co.uk

He says it`s great fishing.
Well, I'm back earlier than expected, infact we got to Llangollen but couldn't manage to put the tent up - very embarrassing. I've got a Kyam Ridgidome that's supposed to pop up in 5 minutes, but if you manage to break it, it doesn't :oops: It's now with the camping shop for them to fix it.
Anyway, thanks for the sites you've mentioned, they look good. Although we'll not be able to get to them for weekend trips we can deffo consider them for a week away in the next few weeks (if the tent is fixed :)
Riverside Meadows near Ripon, looks good for fishing.
If he ever fancies the Thames i go to a little site in Clifton Hamden only has a few hook ups so need to book well in advance

wizard

I love Ripon, we've been to Sleningford Watermill quite a few times. The hubby thinks we might have been to Riverside Meadows aswell, although I have no recollection of going whatsoever, so I'll be checking that out.

If he ever fancies the Thames i go to a little site in Clifton Hamden only has a few hook ups so need to book well in advance

Thanks for that one, hubby has wrote it in his book of 'important fishing places to remember'. I think it would have to be a fishing holiday with his mates though because I don't think I could cope with all the traffic when trying to get there :(

Sharon

I love Ripon, we've been to Sleningford Watermill quite a few times. The hubby thinks we might have been to Riverside Meadows aswell, although I have no recollection of going whatsoever, so I'll be checking that out.

Thanks for that one, hubby has wrote it in his book of 'important fishing places to remember'. I think it would have to be a fishing holiday with his mates though because I don't think I could cope with all the traffic when trying to get there :(

Sharon
Hi Sharon.

the only time our caravan gets used is for me to get away and fish for a few days whilst the other half reads, it's about the only time i get to relax without going abroad

wizard
Hi Wizard.

I don't mind him fishing at all and I enjoy going with him, although not sure he feels the same way :lol: It's nice and peaceful and I normally just take a book and chill out. I'm also the donkey, carrying all his gear, and he likes me to take my camera just incase he catches a 'big one'. He needs the picture as evidence, otherwise the lads never believe him!

Sharon
Hi Sharon, bit late I know, but I forgot all about a site in my own neck of the woods, only remembered it when mi sister-in-law said they`re staying on there this week.
http://www.orchardpark.co.uk
Thanks Numberplease. Not late at all because they're all places I can consider in future. Just been on a camping/fishing trip but the weather was so bad we had to cut the holiday short by 3 days - very disappointing. The wind was that strong on a couple of nights I thought the tent was going to take off.

Sharon
went to Clifton Hamden last weekend needed the brolly on Saturday to keep the sun off and on Sunday to keep the RAIN off good weekend lots of Roach some bleak, gudgeon,skimmers and dace with a couple of reasonable perch to top it off

wizard
Well the hubby and about 10 others caught nowt :rofl.
Wizard, I'll not show him your reply, he'll start :sulk again :roll:
Hi Briar, the site is at Hubberts Bridge, just outside Boston, off either the A52 going towards Grantham, or the A1121, going towards Swineshead Bridge. It`s a lovely site with private fishing lake, also near to a river. The lady who works in the reception there lets us keep our van on a field at the back of her house at Kirton.
Briar, you`re not thick just because you want to know things. I haven`t been to the site, but my husband went to see his sister on there, and thinks some pitches have river views, but can`t swear to it. Don`t think boats go up and down there, it`s not an actual river, it`s the South Forty Foot, one of the drains, but there are plenty of fish in it.
My sister-in-law and her husband have just left the site today, said it`s a cracker of a site, and my brother-in-law and family have been this afternoon for a look and say they`re staying there next time they come over.
Hey I'm big into fishing and have lots of site reviews all about camping sites with fishing on or nearby

what type of fishing does your hubby do ?? (I do the lot)

Just Google my name in to and find my site

may be see you at a riverbank somewhere
Goodness Spains was EXCELLENT fishing AGAIN :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Gray the MADCARAVANNER
Oh excellent, thanks madcaravanner. Hubby is going to have a look at your site when he gets home. He likes fly fishing and sea fishing, but if thats not on offer any other type will do. He's like you for fishing at every opportunity. We've carted all his gear with us to Goa and that was a right pain. We were stopped by every airport official who wanted to check out his stuff. No chance of any extra duty free on the way home so I told him that in future he wasn't to take anything away with him :lol:
Thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.