Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Layla,

It's personal preference really. AI is convenient and normally works out cheaper, but I also like trying new things and getting a feel for the place by eating out where the locals are and trying some of the traditional cuisine that you wouldn't get if staying in an AI. As long as there's places to go close to the hotel, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Food in Mauritius is diverse and very nice with influences from all over the place.

Darren
will check difference in cost with travel agent tomorrow - may influence decision!!
You will find half board is fine. You won't need a great deal to eat at lunchtime, having had a huge breakfast and with a superb evening meal to come. I would never go AI as you WILL be paying for things you don't want/use and the quality may not be so good. Have a great time. (We went to the Beau Rivage for our honeymoon).
hi madabouttravel !! thanks for reply. Never done long haul or AI/HB before - always self catering. Might be nice to experience - just once - the luxury of having what you want when you want..... though I have to agree with you that i would prob eat and drink more than I really wanted or needed on AI wanting to be sure I got value for money :cheers and would probabley need drying out in rehab when I got back and would have prob put on 2stone- weight a constant battle :pele being only 4ft 11ins !!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.