Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I have never heard of this Holiday company but it makes me think that sticking to the Major Tour operators is the best option,more expensive yes. But most of the stranded would be away by now.
The article in the link says a jumbo has been sent to rescue the pax. Good on XL Airways for coming to the rescue!
I'm sure Xl were paid handsomely for their "efforts".
Well even if they were at least they rescued the passengers. I bet those stranded just wanted to get home and were probably very pleased to see the aircraft chartered for them. ALso at least XL were able to rescue over 500 passengers at once. Just glad I wasn't stuck in Gran Canaria!
No Xl didnt rescue the passengers. There aircraft developed a technical problem and was stuck in Orlando and couldnt do the flight. Passengers had to wait another day and were brought home last night.

Kind Regards
Stewrat
I`ve never found Seguro to be cheaper and they fly from my local airport Glasgow Prestwick. We travel 30 odd miles to Glasgow International as the big names all fly from there and the prices are better
We are due to fly out to tenerife with seguro on 14th aug, this holiday is much cheaper with them than airtours. we went to costa adeje gran in march with airtours for one week and paid £550 for half board, this holiday bkd with seguro to same hotel 2 wks half board for £615 each and I think that is a grat price for this time of year.(just hope no hiccups like last week)
CM,
I would recommend that you check with your travel agent that all is OK. As I understand it, SkyWings (who operated the flights for Seguro) have had their operators license revoked (or suspended). I understand that Seguro were trying to source alternatives but I have not seen any update on how they were getting on. I hope that the news for you is favourable.

Cheers,
Jet
Thanks jet was at travel agents on wed to check all was ok.They have been told it is but we will keep on checking with them, its not skywings our flight is with its LTE.

cm
It seems to be another weekend of misery and disappointment for hundreds of Seguro holidaymakers, due to further technical problems with their sole aircraft chartered from Sky Wings .... click here for full story.

David
And more problems again this week .... click here.

David
Seguro Travel, also trading as Seguro Holidays and Kent Escapes, has ceased trading with immediate effect. Further information for customers is available form the CAA, please click here.

The demise of Seguro is believed to be directly related to its association with the troubled Futura Airlines, which operated 80% of its flights.

David :wave
Really no suprise that this company has ceased trading as it has had its fair share of troubles.. tho what is dispicable like a lot of companies in this situation is that they still take money from people up too the last minute..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.