Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to check in online for the return leg i.e. palma to belfast? Many thanks, colettemc
Online check-in is usually airline-specific, so you need to specify what airline you are flying. In any event, if you can check-in online then your airline website will tell you that.
Hi

I work in passenger services at manchester and online/self service checkin to me is a complete waste of time for most people. In my opinion the only people it benefits is business/return day trippers/no hold baggage passengers. 9 times out of 10 most airlines only pay for 1 or 2 bag drop desks hence the queue is always slower then the normal checkin que.
When you reach the desk, the checkin agent still has to bring up your details in order to print a bag tag out and still has to check your passport/tickets/visas etc I find it takes longer to do then if you were to check in the passenger normally.
Ive noticed this last week that flybe now have 5 dag drop desk and 3 normal desks and are encouraging everyone to use the green kiosk machines by manning them with staff. Now this properbly works with flybe as they have alot of business passengers but for an airline like Thomson where almost everyone will be checking in a bag its abit pointless.
The airlines are being encouraged by manchester airport to use these machines so they can make room for new airlines by reducing the number of desks one airline needs.

Also, im sure many of you have experience this - you can be half way through a checkin on the self service machines and then it crashes. There is always something wrong with at least one of the machines. AArrghhh!! I can see how they can be great when everything goes right, but when things go wrong, they go very wrong!!!!!

:yikes
Simple.Last time I tried to use it at MAN it simply did not work.I am computer literate use online check in all the time for other flights but on the ocassion I tried to use it I was left frustrated and ulitmately annoyed because by the time I had tried to use it and not succeeded several people had joined the queue in front of me for normal check in leaving me a longer wait. :cry :cry :cry
Hi All

Can anyone please tell me what I have to do when I get to the airport,if I check in on-line,I'm only going Stansted to Newquay for the weekend so will not have baggage,only a small holdall.Many thanks for any help you may be able to give,T.
OSCARBEN,

Once you've checked-in online, you'll be able to print out your boarding card. This is normally an A4 sheet detailing your flight and a bar coded strip that is scanned at security in the same way a boarding card issued in the normal fashion is. Providing your holdall is within the limits of hand luggage for the airline (Air Southwest?), you can proceed straight through to departures, no need to mess about queing at check-in. That's the big advantage of online check-in. We also have a Holiday Flight check-in Procedures - what to expect thread for more details.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo

I've checked in on-line this morning for both trips,I go next Saturday,it seems much quicker this way.T.
Check in online and at the airport are two different things.The airport self service check ins seem to have a mind of their own and I have never managed to make it work yet.However online check in seems to be increasingly more successful.On a recent flight to Thailand with Etihad we printed our boarding passes at home got to the airport used the bag drop at the check in desk and had very smooth flights.
When you check in online..does that mean you are guarenteed the seats you have chosen online?

Or can it all change a few hours prior to departure anyway?
when you check in you can print out your tickets with seat numbers on. That won't change unless there are unforseen circumstances I suppose.
Do you also reckon booking in online over rides the airline telling you 'we've overbooked this flight' blah de blah? as you not there for them to tell ..if you catch my drift :D
I wouldn't say it would eliminate it completely but it definately reduces your chance if you have completed online check in and have no luggage.

Different airlines have differing policies about offloading in overbooking cases, some go by last to check in gets the boot and some go on frequent flyer status/points(more so if an aircraft is changed after check in closes)
Mods, if I have put this in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

We are planing to fly with ryanair and wont be taking any hold luggage. Flying out no problem, I can check in online and print off whatever I need to. How do people manage to book in online for return flights and print off anything needed?

am a ditz I know, but I worry about these things :que :rofl

hugs la x
Internet cafe, library or internet desk in most of the better hotels. Just make sure you have your Ryanair login and password with you.
La, you can print the return portion before you go so no need to hunt out a PC :tup
I love you guys you are brilliant :cheers
thank you hugs la x
If flying with Ryanair you can checkin and print your boarding cards for any flight 14 days and 4 hours in advance. This assumes no baggage to checkin - as you know this all changes throughout this year.

So for most people you can do this from home for the return flight before you set off on the outward flight !

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.