Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Good point :D

Ok, the only question I would have about suncream is whether anyone has used lower than a 15, I really don't need any other suncream advice Thanks.

Also don't need any mozzie advice as have read all about it as well as receiving advice from my GP.

I've read the tummy upset thread a million times and I know I've bought the vital meds and that if necessary will be able to buy further meds out there.

What I would be grateful for is if anyone can think of anything else essential for Sharm.

Thankyou :D :D
Think you've got it all covered pippy, the only other things I would make sure I had was an antibac handwash (one of the leave on ones) and plenty of hair conditioner for dry hair, the sun, sea and pool reek havoc with your locks and I ended up putting a leave in conditoner on my hair every morning as well as conditioning it in the shower at night.
Good idea Alvin :D :D

Gixer :D
Yep, I also bought a couple of bottles of alcohol gel from Superdrug, only 99p, will definitely make sure I take plenty of good conditioner too, I do sometimes suffer from the dreaded frizz :yikes :lol: :lol:
Hi Pippy!

Thanks for your post :thanks . I go to Sharm in September and you've reminded me about buying some medicines for tummy upsets!

Something I'm taking that you didn't mention was Safe Sea. It apparently prevents the sting of jelly fish! Not sure how many jelly fish are in the Red Sea but better to be safe than sorry as they say :lol:

Think I'm also going to buy a copy of the Lonely Plant Guide to Egypt. Help me with some of the customs and phrases! All I know so far is La Shukran :wink:

Cheers - Claire
Thanks Claire :D

Any idea where I might be able to buy the Safe Sea? We're either going to buy a phrase book or have a look at a link someone posted on here a while ago and print some of the phrases from that.
Trust me, you're very much appreciated :D

I think I've found the Sea Safe and according to the blurb it's great for the dreaded sea lice I read about in the snorkelling thread :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck

Is this the stuff Claire?

CLICK HERE
Hello,

Here is a better deal for the Safe Sea........... http://www.ifsogo.com looks like buy 2 save £2. Handy for me as I use use the SPF 0 and hubby uses SPF 30. :)

Other than that, think you've got it all covered......take spare loo roll to Naama Bay!

Lisa
Thanks Lisa, loo roll added to list :D

Briar, it's good to know I'll be able to buy most things out there as I've been known to forget to pack things in the past, like when I went to Fuerteventura one year and left all my neatly ironed shorts on my bed at home :? :lol:
Hey Pippy!

The link Lisa provided to ifsogo is where I bought my Sea Safe and other travel essentials! Great company.

I always write a list of everything I'm taking then tick it off item by item as it enters the case. Very Victor Meldrew, but works for me lol

Enjoy ya hols x
essentials - foot cream - the chlorine etc cleaning stuff around pools can dry your feet out something terrible. I always wear socks when in the room as you pick up dirt from marble.

Take antispeptic and plasters, in case you get blisters.
A mini fan with a water spray may be a good idea - my other half said is was over 40 degrees yesterday!
Thanks Perfume, I've been keeping an eye on the forecast (for the last 12 months actually! :lol: :lol: ) and it really is hot, hot, hot, so the mini-fan is a good idea. I always take copious amounts of foot cream wherever I go as I hate the look of parched feet :? :D
Have heard that the Magicool cooling spray is good...

Pippy - a tip if you haven't already done it... I have a packing check list on the computer which I print off each time I go away. Very sad, but it saves having to think things through each time. Its also a good idea to have a photocopy of passports as well.

Enjoy your holiday not long to go now! Caro
Pippy, my holiday cure all is always a tube of germolene. Works for bites, stings, cuts, spots, heat rash, and if you ask it nicely, it may do the washing up for you too!!!! Also hand rub, and a pack of moist loo roll are essential.

I've only ever used factor 30 on high-risk days out there (ie long excursions), and usually work from factor 15 or 20 down to 8. I use the Piz Buin all-day stuff. I usually burn just at the weather forecast, and this stuff has been fantastic!!
Magicool and Germolene added to shopping list :D

Thanks again to you all :thanks
Dearest Briar,

After one of the most frantic days attached to my laptop, wired to sky news and trying to phone my friends who are still in Sharm, your description of the forgotten hair tongs raised a smile.

thank you

MrsMac
Hi Pippy, I take loads of tissues in my hand luggage because I burst into tears the second I get of the plane!!! I usually have tears streaming down my face in arrivals.
Have a brilliant time hon.
xxSBxx
Awwww Thanks SB :kiss

I need the tissues now, your posts have made me cry, this is for you :ghug
Hi
Darling Pippy, I speak from the heart, I love Sharm so much, my heart just goes out to all the Egyptian guys who work so hard in Sharm to give us a great holiday. 99.9% of them are wonderful caring people who leave their homes and families for weeks at a time because work is too hard to find in the Cities. What good are those murdered men to their families now? how many wifes, children, parents and friends are suffering unmeasurable grief today?
xxSBxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.