Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I would be very much surprised to discover that tourists could just rock up at a shooting range and be allowed to fire away for a couple of hours. The Israeli authorities are ultra security conscious and I would expect that such ranges are only to Israeli citizens and are designed to enable them to keep their shooting skills up to scratch rather than this being seen as a suitable leisure activity for untrained tourists.

Israeli men, once called-up for national service are usually required to remain as reservists even after their time as full-time members of the Israeli Defence Force is ended. They keep their service rifle then for as long as they are reservists and I would assume that they are primarily the 'public' that shooting ranges are open to, not non-Israeli citizens visiting on holiday.

SM
I do clay shooting, and most clubs here in England have days when people can turn up to what are called (Have a Go Days) this lets you have a go with proper instruction and use of a shotgun. Or you can go to most shooting grounds and pay for a lesson again under supervision, they learn you how to handle a gun safely and it includes Clay and Cartridges.
As for going to Israel to shoot as SMa says you may find it hard to do there, it would be a bit like going to Northern Ireland a few years ago and trying to do it.
Dave.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.