Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Agree Cruise controller - Like to get this years hols over with before thinking about next - As long i have one booked up im happy!!

Antalya airport has been open for years in winter for UK flights - Likewise TO's have been offering hols in that area - So that is not a new developement. Its only this winter that Dalaman was really open for UK flights (With much help from our own HT'er Jo2beans) - So maybe this year we will see more packages being offered via Dalaman

LA
i would love to go to icmelor next april but the only flights i can find are from gatwick and necastle. a bit far for us when we have cardiff airport on our doorstep
Morning peeps

I disagree with you cruiseconroller and leighanne, I still have 2 holidays to take but pricing up for summer 2007. Purely on the basis that we like to choose in advance the location, hotel and price. Once the second edition brochures come out prices go up.

My personal opinion and choice of course

Kazee :wink:
hiya cruisecontroller and all

I'm also one of those people who are planning about 3 holidays ahead (I must get a hobby :rofl ).

On the Tour Operators forum there is a thread where some were counting down to the release of the Summer 2007 brochures. It's 4 pages long with about 60 posts. :shock:

This is the really embarssing bit though. :oops: I was even invited to a launch party at a local travel choice the night before the First Choice brochures were released. I managed to stop myself from going though. (despite the free wine) Phew!

On a more serious note, I know most people on here DIY or book on the net, but I agree with Kazee generally the prices increase as the brochures are reprinted. So unless you can hold off till about 4 weeks before you wish to travel, you probably (not always) get a better deal. :D
Kazee, depends on circumstances i guess - At the moment i know im always going to Marmaris, and can go pretty much any time we like - Always use our apartment - so flights or packages suits, which ever is cheapest

However with our daughter starting school in september our criteria changes somewhat - Also hubby has now got british passport so not restricted to Turkey. So next year may join you guys in the Q's for the new brochures 8)

LA
Hi!

We were looking through the brochure for 2007 in Thomas Cook yesterday, prices are excellent for next year,Although funnily enough,thomas Cook TV offered to beat the price of 2 weeks in the Club Hemera in june 2007 by around £80 ! competition within competition?!
Thompson flights from East Midland to Dalaman,

24th May 07 to 7th June 07
16th August 07 to 30th August 07

Flights booked only got to ring John up now at Icmeleronline for transfare and accomadation then thats me fixed up for next year.

Sad or What?

Flights are not out yet for 2008 or I could be daft enough to book those also :roll:

But my saying is

Anticipation is part of the Journey.
Gene
Must admit to leafing through the 2007 brochures yesterday :!:
went to Olu Deniz last year and returning again in August
Trying to decide between Icmeler and Bitez for 2007
lally
Hi leighanne and everyone who has contributed to this discussion, We knew that Antalya was open all year but didn't realise that Tourism continues. With Dalaman having been open this Winter, it can only mean good news for the businesses in that there is money coming in during this normally lean time of the year.

We are in Turkey twice this year, Kalkan and Kusadasi. I respect the comments made and can see where you are all coming from. As the saying goes,"no two people are the same". I always go trawling the internet between Xmas and New Year and usually Book Up in January and have still managed to get good deals. This year is the least we've paid to go to Turkey, each holiday(of two weeks duration), is costing the two of us, around the £500 mark.
Hi lallygirl :D

Must admit I am keeping my options open for 2007, I've also looked at Icmeler as it sounds so nice and I haven't even been to Olu Deniz yet which I'm sure we are really going to like. I've only just got into the AI thing though ( the BB will be our second one) and Icmeler seems to be mainly apartments.
We went AI in Icmeler two years ago, and in some ways we wished we hadn't. The food at the Hotel was OK, but going out for a walk at night was torturous. There were so many good restaurants wanting you to come in and eat, they were soooooo. tempting. We spent our entire walk saying "Sorry, AI"

There are lots of hotels in Icmeler, and some of them are AI. It all depends on what you prefer.

Hope you enjoy.

Marn.
We have also booked for 2007, purely because it is quite difficult to get free child places on Scottish departures if you leave it too late and also it means I won't be too depressed on the flight home from this year's hol. Going to Marmaris (Club Alize) on 2nd July 2007.
Polly :lol:
Hello again Doepsmc!
Spent some time looking at icmelor online today - some good all AI's there but the basic search only gave the price for 2 rooms - way above my budget - will have to pm John T to see.
Bitez looks good - so does Side -
Olu is fab but have to admit , as much as we are looking forward to it we have less excitement (anticipation ?0) this year as we know it is going to be fab!
12 weeks for us - you will have let me know how i was before we go!
don,t forget to go and eat at Cin Bal in Kaya Koy (as long as you are not veggie)
Lynne
Hi Lally,
I've looked at a couple of sets of apartments, Babadan(portland) and Greenworld(skytours). What's good is they have 2 bedrooms so none of that sofa/camp bed nonsense, plus privacy, and the prices were OK, not much more than the cost of 4 flights. :D But what worrys me is the cost of 4 people eating out for 14 days. That's 168 :shock: meals out I think :hmmm. I don't do 'self catering' on holiday. I cook the other 50 weeks of the year. I wont book for 2007 yet though.

I know what you mean about lack of anticipation (excitement?) for Olu, but think of it this way, no unpleasant suprises either, just a great holiday. :D
I don't "cater" either for the same reasons!
AI is great for us - last year was the first time - as the girls always want to eat at different times
Just been looking at Side as well but will probably plump for Icmeler as the flights to Dalaman are better (on paper anyway!)
Babadan has good reviews
Love spending hours looking at the brochures :D
Lally
Hee! Hee! :D
Me too love looking at brochures. Let me know if you see anything good for next year. We seem to have similar requirements apart from there being 3 of you and 4 of us. At present I have a short-list of about 12 places. :shock:

I've had a couple of pm's one recommending Icmeler online, so I will take a look and one trying to get me to book a private transfer. I also fancy Side, the hotels look fab and the Germans and Dutch have such very high standards (they seem to pay more than us for the same thing) so I'm sure the pools, food and facilities would be excellent. Happy hunting. :D :D :D
having been to both side and icmeler i prefer icmeler much more than side, ive still got 3 hols booked for this year yet, but been looking at flight prices middle/end of may 2007 and they are coming out quite high so will wait til all the to bring out their 2007 flights and hopefully they will come down as around 240 mark
Hi ellie-meg
:thanks for your comment on Side.
When you say bring out the 2007 flight prices, are they ones with scheduled airlines or charters? I don't understand how it works, if thomson et al have their package hols on sale for 2007 I assumed they would have flights on sale, or doesn't it work like that?
(I'm so envious of how many holidays you manage to fit in) :D :wink: :D
Hi
I had some good quotes for this year from icmelor online
Have been told that Thomsons release their flights around a year in advance so will be looking at them then -is this right karen?

Doepsmc - well done on getting the shortlist down to 12!!
lally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.