Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Ray,I also saw the deal with Thomson but what put me off(I love Side) was last year the Thomson flights to Antalya went via Bristol!.making it a 6 hour flight then 1 hour transfer.The agent will tell you it is a direct flight but when the flights start in May it will probably go via another airport.I think the hotel is about 8kms from Side in Kumkoy.Side is my favourite resort.It has long sandy beaches,amazing roman ruins and a lovely old town.It is very popular with German and Scandanavians.I think it is the most Turkish resort.We went last March and the weather was lovely as it is further south than the other resorts apart from Alanya.Thomas Cook usually have good deals to the 5star AI hotels about 30 minutes walk outside the old town.I usually wait 3-4 weeks before I go before I book.Their flight times are not as good as Thomson but I am going to wait and see if Thomson operate a direct flight to Antalya this year,Jay
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2007-01-12 16:22:32
Thanks for that info, I'll check it before I book.

According to the flight times I've been quoted they are direct from Newcastle to Antalya (eg 07:15 out, land at 13:35, so with 2 hr time diff this must be a direct flight)?

Prior to this year (2007) I think it was only JMC/T.Cook flying direct to Antalya from NCL, but now Thomson have started a weekly flight, both are on Tuesdays.

:fly

I'll let you know what I find out.
Cheers,
Ray
They definetly went via Bristol last year.I booked a holiday via teletext,went through all the booking process,gave my card number etc than the agent told me it was going via Bristol.I asked her to hang on until I asked my husband what he thought.I cant say on here what his response was!.She said she would refund the amount back onto my card.This was for a holiday in May and Thomas Cook prices were twice what we had paid in March.We ended up going to Marmaris with My Travel.The reviews on holiday watchdog for the hotel are very good.
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2007-01-12 16:34:31
hi there Jay Trip,

I am away in Manchester this week end (guess what, it's pouring of rain here as well). Anyway.... still need to contact Thomson to check that flights are direct to Antalaya before I book the Side Sun.
But it's still an excellent price, as £100 per couple off this week end, so £286 All Inc and no add-ons, not bad I think. will let HT know about the flights.

Ray. :shrug
Hi All,

Just a follow up to my previous post - I rang Thomson's and they confirmed that the flight from Newcastle to Antalya is direct, which is what I thought from the flight times quoted.
So, pleased about that as we've booked a week at Side Sun hotel for 8th May, All Inc. really looking forward to it as it will be our first time to Side.

Ray.
Hi Ray,Im pleased you got booked.I have been tempted by the Can Garden Resort which is also on offer for May but I dont trust Thomson to have that direct flight.The one last year was supposed to be direct until they decided to go via Bristol around Easter time.This year there are no flights from Bristol but I have noticed the one from East Midlands goes around the same time on the same day.I d put money on Thomson bringing the Newcastle departure time to 6am and going via East Midlands.I will wait until the flights start on May 1st before I book.My husband hates flying so thats why I have to make sure the flight is direct.He would rather go from Manchester or Gatwick!.I love Side and hope to go back when the Thomas Cook flights start on March 27th and in May if I get a good deal.Jay
Hi Jay,

I am putting my trust in Thomson's doing the direct flight from Newcastle, as per their confirmation, but even if they do go via EM I think the price we've paid (£286 each) is excellent value for a weeks All Inc at 4* hotel. We don't mind flying and we are only 10 mins from NCL airport so would much rather go from there, even with a stop off, than from MCR or Gatwick as you have further to travel and it's a real downer on the return leg.

I will keep HT informed of any developments on the flight, they start on 1st May, so we'll know before we go!

As I said earlier - we are really looking forward to SIDE.

Ray.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.