Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
there are some new apartments,in olu deniz,getting very good reviews,both on here & on other forums.
they only opened in june & look lovely.they are called mozaik apartments.if you google them,you can have a look.
i don't know how to post links,but take a look,they aren't exactly cheap,but you did say luxury.
enjoy your search
tracy
I've been to both Icmeler and Oludeniz and neither have a sandy beach, its more like fine shingle with small stones as you get into the sea. Get some beach shoes and you'll be fine. The lagoon at Oludeniz is slightly better but again not soft sand. We loved both resorts and theres great restaurants in both.
I have been to Turkey many times usually to the Marmaris/Icmeler area but this year I went to Alanya which I wasnt too keen on, however its near Side which we went to on a day trip, I really liked the look of Side loads of ancient ruins and a pretty town centre, i didnt get to see the beach but I liked what I did see of it, Icmelers nice but small Bodrums nice too but no beach, i think the best beach I have been to is Altinkum.
Thank you!

I'll have a look at those luxury apartments. :tup

I'm also looking at Mirage, Oasis and Four Seasons apartments in Side.

If anyone else has got any tips please give me a shout!
Just got back from Side (fourth time in 23 months....have looked at next years prices but we are trying to wait until after xmas before booking). Loved it, beach is excellent and really clean (in fact dirtiest part was by the Sunrise Queen). A great range of of bars/restaurants.

From what I can remember (from the rather scary taxi journeys into Side), I reckon the Foru Seasons and Oasis are close to Side (didn't see the other one you mentioned). But I could be wrong...we tend not to look at apartments simply because they do not suit out situation at the moment.
Thank you, you must like it to go that many times! Can I ask where you stayed as we are now wondering whether to go to a hotel, so our daughter has little friends to play with?
We normally stay at the Arum...although not generally a 'Brit' hotel (mainly caters for germans) there are normally quite a few there - both daughters have managed to make friends there on all three occasions. They haven't used the kids animation teams though, although this year it looked as though it had improved a lot.

Last October we booked to stay at the Sunberk, and moved to the Sarihan in the middle of the week...I wouldn't particuarly reccomend either, particular for a family holiday. And that was definitely not a 'Brit' hotel, the staff couldn't speak english at all.

Melissa Gardens also seems to be nice (been in a few times), although some reviews say it can get a little noisy. These are self catering apartments, but round a pool so probably more of a chance to make friends? I also like the look of the Cennet/Acanthus (same chain as the Arum) but the prices that come up are actually reasonably close to the price I paid for this year (so am reluctant to book that when I know I could get a better hotel for not much more money...I suppose if you shopped around it could be a lot cheaper though).
Thank you so much Clo Clo. Really helpful.

Hopefully booking something today, fingers crossed!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.