Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi latch09 ... while you wait for feedback, we have some reviews of the hotel here:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

David :wave
Hi alan :)

Not stayed at your hotel, but if it is the AI hotel that is linked to the Savoy, I would say it's in a really good part of Sharm, due to being close to Soho Square and good reefs.

Soho Square means you have somewhere to go for a walk of an evening if you fancy a change of scenery. It's a street really not a square but it has a few fixed priced shops, some bars, restaurants and coloured dancing fountains. Some people like it as it is clean etc but some find it a bit European & prefer Namma Bay which is referred to as more Egyptian (not sure why as the who area is made for tourists) - a lot is down to personal tastes I guess, although I kind of like both.

You may get discounts in some of the watering holes in soho square as you are staying at the Sierra, must be worth asking at reception just incase, or if you are on a package your rep should know.

There's lots of info on the forum in the stickys at the top, but I guess the main things are take some sterling & change into Egyptian (LE)when you get there as you get a slightly better rate, tip in small amounts of egyptian currency if you feel the service warrents it and keep your valuables in a safe - which I guess is common sense. No need to take too much cash as there are ATM's about.

Don't buy a visa at the airport if you are not going out of Sharm. You only need a visa if you are going on a trip to Luxor/Cairo etc.

If you want to snorkel I imagine it will be off of the Savoys beach. There is a run of hotels, the hilton sharks bay, the concorde, the sunrise island view and the savoy, which all front the water, but you tend to have to use the designated beach for your hotel.

Have a great time.

Doe :sun2
Thans doe some great info there cheers alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.