Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Siesta Holidays
15 Posts
hi loubylou....did the coaches with siesta for 10yrs...if you look on it as part of the holiday you might find you enjoy it..I used to look forward to it as gave me chance to relax into my hols...once on coach cases locked in coach hold you can relax...once you change coaches before the ferry(sometimes you dont need to) you can forget about your cases in the knowlege they will be traveling with you right to your camp site...no worrying incase they dont come off the belt at your arrival airport....nice drink and a look at the shops on the ferry....head sets for music and film sound....hostess round asking if you want drinks ect..see the real france and spain from the ground...make new friends on the coach who will be going same camp site...

tips...neck pillow and light sleeping bags as can go quite cold in the night when crossing the pyranees(cant spell)....one shared between two works great....take a packed lunch and plenty of snacks....and sandwiches or something for tea time or eat on the ferry as lot cheaper and better than french services...if you can read great time for a book (somepeople get travel sick if they read)....wet wipes and brush ups for your teeth...if light sleeper ear plugs ...I used to get travel sick but never have been on these coaches ....but if you suffer from it take them for the crossing...never been sea sick either but always had a good crossing.

we have had 2 bookings for same hols...as we're in wales and son and fiance down south so different pick up points....if going same camp then will probably on same coach any way unless loads going....but phone and ask them to cross reference bookings...when sending off coach request form put note on quoting other booking reference and request you seated together...we had no probs.

have a great time
Thanks Tweetie Pie, just the response I was hoping for!

I have now booked and am really looking forward to it and I am sure that it will be fun! :cheers
hola , has any one been with siesta this summer , and if so are they using eurostar or ferries, cheers
hiya..siesta use euro if going to blanes,salou,benidorm and if ur doing disney they use euro for any holiday.. they use ferry if going to estartit,callela ect
cheers baby, could you tell me what the journey was like , state of coach . etc etc, thanks very much in advance
the coach is comfortable as coaches go lol,you get headphones once you do the change over to main coach and a steward comes on,coffee tea bacon butties etc, they put a few movies on especially for younger kids.you get to stretch your legs every few hours and on cigarette breaks,i travel from edinburgh so its around 34hrs on the coach.every year i say im not doing it again then rebook few weeks later.the coach also do seats with extra leg room at a cost but theyre great if you have long legs etc..anything else you want to know just ask :)
I went salou in July and the outbound was excellent, really comfortable. Coach was smooth and lots of breaks. The food and drink is cheap on coach. You could eat in french services but tbh its quite expensive.
We had at least a 15/20 min break every couple of hours, had an hour in the evening for tea-time. We didn't tend to exceed 3 hours without a break, apart from between 11 - 6am, when they broke at about 2am for a driver change over then again at 4am, (where they only stop on the road lay-by but will allow you to get off).

The outbound we travelled by eurotunnel, which only takes 1/2 hour.
The journey as a whole seemed to go surprisingly quick.

The films on the coach are more the PG type. But they also show sitcoms like only fools and horses etc. They're ok, but take your i-pod and some cards.

We got into resort by 12 midday.

The return was a newer coach - but seemed a little longer. We did travel by ferry on the return and this was delayed by an hour and half.

Best of all, you seem to forget the journey after you've done it. I'm a travel agent and go everywhere by plane and travelled the world, but must say, I did throughly enjoyed this.
hiya loubylou..do you know what time siesta pick you up at when your leaving to come back home? was going to ring them as nobody seems to know. thanks
Well from salou, we were given a time between 12 - 1pm.
They tell you to be waiting 15 mins before.

They never actually confirmed to us until the day before, but the rep had said it was usually that time.

It took 2 hours to get to Gerona, where we got onto our feeder bus.

Bootle - Tip: Dont get too drunk the night before your journey. I made that mistake and was as sick as a dog on the way back...didn't help with a ferry crossing!!!!! :cheers
lol can just imagine..had a hangover on the coach that was bad enough.im going to sanguli,salou this time and i got told its euro tunnel over and back but they can change it if there is any problems ect.i usually do disney as well but going to try thr theme parks instead lol dreading it.do they have passes to get in and out?
cheers lou and baby
on going out to spain where do you pick the salou coach up from, siesta told me i'm only on the feeder coach from liverpool

have been with ferris several times, so know about the hangovers lou :yuck , .. never been with siesta before and just wanting to know how they compare

were staying in cye apartments, opposite black beauty but have been told thats not there no more, any advice on a cheesy music family bar
hiya..if you go to siesta website they have everything there about pickup points ect and even a map to show you the journey,it also answers a lot of questions you will find useful i.e what you pay when you get there, gas,deposit,and how much to hire towels etc. :)
Hi,
I went with siesta in June/July, also stopped at the cye, Correct the black beauty is no longer there, for the cheesy music/family entertainment you have everything there at the cye, Downstairs is the lazy wave bar and karaoke, entertainment til about 1am.
The cye is in the middle of everything with loads of other bars and restuarants with entertainment.

You may change coach at leicester forest, we did and then we went on to the eurotunnel for a 4pm crossing, when we got to northern spain the next morning there was another change for people going to costa brava, we stayed on the coach to the cye, Its nice to know your luggage is with you on your journey.

Food on the coach is ok, cheap and choice of hot or cold, sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, tea, coffee or soft drinks also beer once outside the uk.

been twice with siesta and never had any problems
Going back in october by plane and will probably go with siesta again next august (you can book now for next year already)

Have a good trip,

Simon
thanks somion, only 2 more sleeps :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.