France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Dont eat and drink in the expensive places, and catch the bus instead of a cab.
:) yep mobilis zone 1-5 gives you all the transport you need 36€ family of 4.
also reasonable places to eat left bank just between notre dam and the university's from 10€ for 3 course. restaurants from all over the world.
you got to try their onion soup though. soft drinks are expensive though. I'm the family's pack mule with rucksack full of water. :D
where are the cheap places to eat/drink?
What sights do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
McD's :lol:
I wanted a drink and it was cheaper to buy a Mcd's meal with drink ( lager inc) than buy a can of coke!
The cafes inside the museums are often good quality and good choice.

We loved the musee d Orsay - less crowded than the Louvre, had lunch there too - great views from the outside balcony.

Monmarte is nice for the view - wander just off the square and you can get take out crepes for 3 euro, I agree head for university areas for good value food.

Also good are the cafes inside big department stores like Galleries La Fayette - choice of salads/cold foods and lots of various food bars - steak bars, fish, pasta. All good value.

I was veggie then so found it hard to eat, the supermarkets were useful for picnic style food. Would dread returning now as vegan :roll:

Alison :D
Suzanne,

good/cheap places to eat are at the bottom of Monmatre, the top is a great place but some of the restaurants can be pricy, although there is one we go to which does a 3-course for 11 Euros.

Lately we have been eating in the Latin Quarter . All types of food. Last time we went ( last month) we had, Greek, Indian, Italian and French.

Most of the restaurants have set tourist menus which give a great choice. Some places have different prices for the set menus depending on what dishes you want.

ps as someone has previously said, try the French onion soup. I don't feel I have been to France until I have had some

Slightly off-topic I went to Cherbourg the other week and the only place to get French Onion soup was in the Italian Pizza restaurant on the waterfront!! Mind you it was superb!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.