Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sim Cards
9 Posts
Think its around a fiver, that include five pounds worth of calls. you do need 2 passport photos of yourself to get one. best if you take them with you.
BOB
And you also need a photocopy of your passport details and one of your visa from your passport.
I've had some bad experiences with sim cards over the years but this time it was hassle free and sorted out immediately. I went to Gerry's on the main street in Calangute (next to ICICI bank I think), it's primarily a photographic shop.

Take photocopies of your passport photo page and visa page. He'll take a photo of you for 60 rupees and you then buy a Vodaphone sim for 550 rps which includes 250 rps calls. It lasts one year and must be topped up (330 rps or 550 rps) within three months. Calls to the UK are 6.5 rps per minute. All worked well !

:tup
Don't forget to make sure your phone is unlocked..... guess who did :(
"idea" / bsnl is great.... if u buy bsnl make sure your phone is compatible with that sim card.

avoid "reliance" this card never works anywheere.

but remember if you pass thorugh some villages , your sim card might not work. goa is not that well connected.

but if you want to make international calls its cheaper to call from a landline public phone.

happy travelling.... i have a few weeks to go... cannot wait !!
So is a landline public phone cheaper than 6rps a min
I think its always handy to have a sim card, because of the time difference and if your out on the beach or on a trip somewhere your not always able to get to a public phone.And lets be honest there's nothing better than phoning home from the beach in the afternoon and asking how the weather is back home... :rofl ....Keith
and saying Opps i have just spilt my ice cold Lager on my burning skin :rofl :rofl pure evil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.