Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Fiona you may be right it may be to much doing bali-borneo i think now it would be better as two separate holidays,thanx for your searching and your time,very much appreciated.
the men come up with these big ideas but us poor wee women have to do all the hard graft. :)
Tracy and Sheppo
did you get to Bali?
hi fiona!
only got back,last night about 8 p.m.
will let you know later,when i have woke up abit :)
tracy
I'm looking forward to it! It does take time to get over the jet lag doesn't it?
Hi Fiona

Mortified to learn of the demise of the Satay Club. We first went there when it was situated in the Marina Bay area, near the Padang. As you say, Singapore has a habit of doing things like that, always changing things. Thank goodness they decided to preserve Chinatown and some of the original streets near Boat Quay (Sago Street, etc) but I wonder how long that will last. We have stayed mostly at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Rather large and impersonal, except when we have stayed on the Pacific Floor a couple of times, but the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. We have stayed at Traders Hotel, but prefer the Pan Pacific. The Carlton is reckoned to be good value for money and our youngest son loved the Oriental.
I have several friends and colleagues who have stayed at the Pan Pacific and all had good things to say about it. I didn't really have long enough to form an opinion on Traders but didn't like the room's size. I just loved staying in Clarke Quay- so convenient for everything!
Re the Satay Club- yes it certainly was a bit of a bombshell- something you think will always be there!
brought back for Steve
pardon my ignorance but what was the satay club,im going to singapore in sept
Les, the satay club was a road leading up to Clarke Quay which was lined with lots of Satay stalls which looked very nice and clean.
Unfortunately I never got to eat there, there are lots of great eating places in Singapore- enjoy :)
Fiona i noticed in your photo's The Bumas Hotel did you stay there at all or just nosed around i saw this hotel looking in one of the brochures(can't remember which one) but it was the cheapest and i thought maybe it was either miles from the main sanur area or the accomodation was'nt up to scratch what's your verdict on this hotel it did'nt look to bad in your photo's i was surprised.
sorry- it wasn't one of my photos!
Oh sorry Fiona i thought they were your piccy's.
Some of them are- but not that one :lol:
Fiona have you been to the Bumas Hotel.
no I'm afraid not. Perhaps one of the members going to Sanur might take a look for you?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.