Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hi
Glad you enjoyed your time in Bali and thanks for taking the time to write a report.
We stayed at the Puri Santrian in June in the club rooms and our deal was Continental breakfast and afternoon tea too. However, after trialling the afternoon tea once we asked reception if we could exchange our vouchers for full buffet breakfast and it was ok (our friends had done in a few months before) cereals, bread and cakes don't interest us.
Personally, I thought the afternoon tea was very poor as I was expecting a selection of sandwiches and small cakes... not a huge piece of cake or pie and a cup of coffee your spoon could stand up in.
Have to say we loved the breakfast, but one morning it seemed the whole hotel got up late and there was a rush on... consequently there was no food, plates, dishes when we got there. The staff was struggling to keep up... in the end my husband went downstairs and brought up a load of plates and dishes, not that there was any food to put on them.
We are giving Griya Santrian a go in March 08.
Cheers Geri
Hi Pete & Janet,
Glad you got home safely. Enjoyed reading your report. We got back yesterday afternoon and are still very jet lagged. It took us in total about 32 hours to get from the Puri Santrian to home and I didn't sleep much on the journey. As you can imagine, I'm not in a fit state to do a report yet but I'll write something when I recover a wee bit. Nice to have met you both.
Gail & Ray.
Hi Geri,

Interesting comment about PS and 'swapping' afternoon tea for full breakfast, although I must admit that we ate so much that a full breakfast would have just about killed us. Janet and I have put ourselves on a diet. Neither of us could be described as slender, but we put on a pound or two in Bali. Now we have to lose a few pounds before our Thailand trip in mid November.

Gail, I really do sympathise - the extra travel to NI must be about the final straw.

Peter
Hi Pete
Ignore my comment on my thread about your trip report - I've just found it. :oops:

Glad you had a good time, hope Janet had a super birthday (even though you couldn't manage to get the Spa arranged for the actual day).

We really enjoyed Ubud too, it was the first time we'd stayed overnight there.

Regards
Polly
Many thanks for your excellent report :tup Enjoyed reading it.
Great trip report Pete. I really enjoyed it.
All,

Thank you for your comments.

Just as a footnote, in case some aspects of the report seemed rather negative - this Singapore / Bali trip was an extremely enjoyable experience. True, there were disappointing aspects to the hotel, but this did not spoil the holiday, which we believe to be one of the best trips, all round, that we have taken.

Peter
hi Peter
Just read your report after returning from our Indian adventure :D I have to say that I would agree with you re the bungalow. After staying both at a bungalow and Club- the bungalow is better value for money. We are returning to Bali next summer and are including Ubud again- it made our holiday :D
Just read your report after returning from our Indian adventure

Have you done your trip report yet Fiona?
don't you start- I've enough with the Goa lot nagging about my report :lol: I've done hotel reviews but will start my report tomorrow. I always am really jet lagged and take a few days to recover
don't you start- I've enough with the Goa lot nagging about my report

Hey - I'm a lady of leisure at the moment - I need something to keep me going during the day!! :lol:
A lady of leisure? Have you given up work? Oooo to have that luxury and still afford holidays. I guess I can dream...... and keep doing the lottery!

luci :wave
Have you given up work?

Sadly no Luci, it's given me up!! I've been made redundant :cry: so I'm on the look out for a new job.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.