Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
This is an easy one!

Your options are:

Singapore Airlines (3 flts a day)
Jetstar Airways (1 flight a day)
Garuda (1 flight a day)
Qantas (3 flights a week)

I flew Jetstar last November for £40 o/w including tax on a half empty flight, it was on time, and fine, and I can heartily recommend.

Otherwise Garuda for around £70 (economy) £130 (business) are fine (if your insurance allows it, and you're happy flying Garuda). The other airlines are expensive.

Can you not get a cheap add-on with your international flights? Who you flying to Singapore with?
I haven't booked yet Sam- but the flight prices I am getting for the whole thing are quite frightening. So I'm investigating all options at the moment. Thanks Sam
are you thinking of visiting Bali again Fiona?, must admit I am warming to the idea but the prices I have had from Kuoni etc seem quite steep, I am still drving myself potty trying to decde where to go and I have been pricing Phnom Penh with Ko Phangan or Vietnam.
If I could get a decent price for Singapore and Bali I would definitely consider it, I would be interested to see what sort of prices you have been getting,
drives me mad all this planning :lol:
shirley
the prices are a nightmare. I can't get decent prices to either Singapore or Bangkok( looking at several destinations as well!)Looking at flying from Paris to Singapore(£684)
jetstar look a good option but I see I can only book 6 months in advance. I'm not keen on booking Singapore flights then not getting the jetstar ones. I don't fancy Garuda and the others def cost a fortune! I suppose it would be ok if I just worked out the first date I could book??
There's no reason for Jetstar flights to be full unless they pull the route. You do also have Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur. The sneaky cheapy way into Bali is via Jakarta (Air Asia fly Bali - Jakarta) as you have many, many other airlines flying to Jakarta.

What month are you flying? There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to combine Singapore and Bali fairly cheaply. But does it have to be Singapore? Qatar are generally the cheapest.
hi Sam
no- it doesnt have to be Singapore( but we are gong in July- when the great sale is on :D ). I've looked at going through KL and Bangkok but have not thought about Jakarta. Will have to investigate that :D Problem for me is that I want something from Aberdeen or somewhere I can fly to.
That works in your favour favour then - most people don't want to go via Jakarta as they have to change twice - but coming from Aberdeen you'll be used to it!

KLM - check em out to Jakarta from Aberdeen! Prices generally go up 14/15 July! There's hourly flights across to Bali, and its a decent airport, very big, very quiet. I know you're not keen on Garuda, but I would pick em above Indonesian Air Asia every time though.
is Jakarta worth a day or two?
:yikes
just did a quick check for prices- £951! (we have to go on the 18th give or take a day)
I know you werent keen on Emirates, and Glasgows not so good, but..!

19 July out - under £600 inc tax - free stopover in Singapore & Colombo allowed (yes it goes Dubai - Colombo - Singapore - Jakarta!)

So, you could have a multi-stop - Dubai / Singapore / Sri Lanka / Jakarta / Glasgow / Bali holiday if you wanted!

Speak to a good company for this kind of multi-stop - Trailfinders / Travelbag / etc etc as online companies can't recreate these kind of airline contract rules.

Oh - as for Jakarta - I wouldn't! I have no choice as I have family there, but I wouldn't recommend it on anyone else unless you like cities. If you do, try and stay over the weekend when the traffic is much better, and pre-organise a 1/2 or 1 day city tour. Actually, maybe i'm being harsh - i'm just overly used to the place.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.