Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Is it JapaMala in Tioman per chance?

Remember that the Tioman flights do not go from the main Singapore Airport, so ensure your connections are fine as you have to head across town.

I wouldn't recommend 3 places in Bali myself, too much for 6 days, you'll just be packing and unpacking.

I would suggest 1 (a south coast resort) or 2 (2/3 nights in Ubud), you can see most things from those 2 places.

Sorry, not stayed at the Mandarin in Singapore though!
Yes, It is Japamala - have you been there?

We have booked all the plane tickets and transfers through travel agent and we have 6 hours between landing at Singapore (from Tioman) and going to Bali - so hopefully this is enough time to change airports.
No, but I know people who have, and they say it's amazing!

I've been to Tioman though, great island, although the horrendous Berjaya have tried their best to ruin it.

6 hours is plenty in Singapore to transfer. It sounds like a great trip as you've done the right thing in getting a decent beach in elsewhere.
Thanks so much Sam!

I was getting worriend that you might tell me that Japamala is terrible. Oh, I am so glad to read your message :) Our travel agent told us that they cannot book Japamala but offered Berjaya - so we kindly declined - after reading some bad reviews and booked Japamala ourselves.

Is the sea really that beautiful on Tioman as on the photos? My husband is taking his fishing rod with him so hopefully that will keep him busy for few days ;)

Thank you so much for your replies!
I've added your hotels to our hotel reviews here. I agree with Sam- two resorts in Bali is enough. Have a couple of nights in Ubud- it is just so different from the beach resorts. See which temple dances are on both nights- they are an absolute must do.
Hi Fiona

I just found out that you are doing Singapore and Bali this month! I haven't been on Holiday-truth website for few months and you must think now that I am copycat :rofl

We actually wanted to do Singapore and Bali this June but I was dreaming about Bali since January at work and my colleage booked it before me and is already back. He had stopover in KL and he loved his trip. He thanked me that I suggested Bali and he will definitely be back :)

Then I found photos of Tioman island and decided that we would do Singapore and Tioman (only wanted to do 2 nights in Sing and 5 in Tioman) - and then a friend of mine suggested that we should do Bali as we are already in SE Asia, that 7 nights is not enought for such a long flight. That's how I got the idea to do all 3 destinations in one holiday.

Have a great holiday and I am looking forward to your trip report!
thanks Zabka
I was in Bali last summer( along with KL). My trip report is here :) We went to Sanur and Ubud. Third time for me in a couple of weeks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.