Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Single occupancy
12 Posts
prezares will as long as you pay the room rate, cant see why any of the others would not allow it to be honest.
Thanks for your quick reply
have tried the prezares through first resort they told me most places wont do it even if we pay a supplement i thought it strange
not sure if this helps,just phoned first choice about a single person holiday and all they came up with was the silver sands.
I have stayed in prazeres as a single person before, paid the single supplement to first choice, so whoever told you, that you cant have a room as a single person at prazeres is incorrect.

Are you going flight only and booking your accom seperately or are you trying to do it via a tour op.

If you are trying to book accom seperately, try these guys http://www.chalstoningoa.com we have booked with them for march and you just pay a room rate. Trouble is they are in calangute.

Also if you are looking to book directly just email the hotels and tell them you want to book 2 rooms dont explain who and how many are staying in them otherwise they may get confused.

If you are trying to book via tour op try olympic, http://www.olympicholidays.com they certainly offer multiple rooms but at a single supp.
re.
Hi, I booked a single room for my Mother in Law today for 27th Feb, at Phoenix Park, Candolim with Eclipse Direct - no problem, single occupancy in a twin room, was slightly more but not too much, but you could email Mario direct and book a twin room. PM me if you want more details.
Most if not all hotels have a room rate so if your travel agent is charging single room sup for a double room they are ripping you off.

lez
Couldn't agree with you more Lezlie.. :swear off with paying single supplement as a single traveller, thats why I now go DIY. Saves a fortune that I can spend on more Kings :glynis
Hi try this goaway.co.uk/goa
I'd go flight only and sort the accommodation separately. Rooms can be rented inexpensively and I know from experience that single rooms in hotels booked as a package are nearly always a rip off.
hi nellie

we visited goa last year with our son who was 14 and will be visiting again in feb,
last year we booked the highland beach resort and although the first choice brochure said it was a room we were actually in a 2 bedroomed apartment which was fab, actually had 2 shower rooms, 2 bedrooms full kitchen and living area, so i would definitely recommend the highland, this year have booked the phoenix park so will let you know about their accommodation for three although i know it will not beat the highland beach, i would definitely recommend the highland hotel with a teenager who needs their own space!
Try booking flights and accommodation seperately. Have a look at Nikkis Travel website, he has some lovely 2 and 3 bedroomed apartments at very reasonable rates
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.