General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Solos & Friendship Travel both do holidays for the single traveller NOT looking for romance :?

Alternativly booking direct with a hotel can sometimes mean no single supplement.
Hi
If you are looking for a holiday on your own then a DIY option will work out cheaper,especailly if you go for a resort close to an airport.

Try this site HERE they will search for hotels for the single traveller.

Turkey is a good place for single room occupancy,the site above gives a weeks b&b starting at only £26.
Tunisia ia another place where hotels generally don't charge a single supplement and if they do it's usually very low (eg £4per night).

SM
i know that the hotel cala nova in ibiza doesnt charge a supplement,well it didnt last year,we got a double room for 1 of our party for no supplement,by booking direct with fiesta hotels.
hotels usually charge per room/per night its the tour operators that divide the room cost by the number of berths then charge for under occupancy,
hotels will usually add the meal rates per person per day, if you book direct it should save a few bob

wizard
if you've plenty of time to look, then once you know where you fancy going check with hotels in that resort as you will get it cheaper booking direct with them than if you book a package. Apartments can also work out cheaper that way - often it's TOs who add on under occ sups.
thank you all for your replies.

yes DI Y. does sound a good idea.

basil brush that link you posted,is very good,
when i asked for 1 person,
that is exactly what if gave me.

most of the others,when you try and price forone person they somehow come up with the price for 2. :twisted:
irene :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.