Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Lorraine,

Who do you normally book your holidays with. I dont think its the hotel that put on the high single supplements, its the Tour Operator who you book with, they do the pricing of the overall holiday.

Angie.
The last 4 holidays have been with Thomson, as the Riu's are exclusive to them in the UK.

I would therefore like hotels that are of an equal standard to the Rius.

Lorraine
Have you tried the Iberostar chain, we have been going to the Dom. Rep now for last 6 years and have always stayed at the Iberostar Costa Dorada.Very good food even my hubby who is a picky eater loves the food, great staff cant do enough for you. Lovely surroundings on resort and a beautiful beach with lots of loungers. It does not have a swim up bar though if that makes a difference to you.

Angie.
Angie,

I hate swim up bars with a venegence. Too noisey and I don't like being in the pool near a bar where no-one ever seems to get off the stools to go to the loo!!

More important is the supplements they charge.

Thanks

Lorraine
What have you been paying for supplements with the Riu chain. Then if I come upon anything that is lower I will post it to you.
When you see single supplements in brochures its £?? per night.

Angie.
Hi Lorraine
If you think the Tour Ops single supplement is too high one way of checking if you're getting ripped off is to check the hotel's direct price on the internet. Just had a quick look at Riu and for example the date I checked in July for the Merengue their single room costs about 80% of the double room. Hoteliers tend to charge quite a lot for singles because they still have the same overheads as regards cleaning, maintenance etc.
I have booked to go to Casa Marina Reef In Dom Rep for 2 weeks and paid £148 single supplement , but I also got £150 off for booking on the internet. :)

So I'm not complaining, as nothing lost.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.