EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Maria
I am going to move this to the expats forum. However, I would say the closer you are to the gondola the better. Have just heard from a friend of my husband who has bought a ski lodge in Bansko and is having difficulty renting it out. Too far away from the gondola.
No problem with moving this post 8) and thanks for the information re your friend's apartment. :D
Maria
Maria,
I agree with Fiona. Even if you don't ski as an owner/investor you want to be as close to the gondola as possible. True, many properties offer shuttles buses but nothing is working as a swiss clockwork in BG,, walking 5-10 minutes with the skis is good enough for me,, no more.

Also I'd stay away from huge buildings, there's no charm being a brick in the wall,, also they tend to loose value faster when the market turns south..

Best luck
Sam :wink:
Thanks for the advise . I have since bought/reserved a 1 bed apartment at Mountain Paradise by the Walnut Trees, 250m away from the gondola so fingers crossed that all will go well.

This is their 3rd (or 4th?) Mountain Paradise dev in Bansko and has a swimming pool etc so i have followed everyone's advise I think :D

thanks,
Maria
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.