Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
skylark colva
14 Posts
theres a restaurant in colva called mikes its opposite the football ground where they hold night markets on a monday night and the food is excellent cheese ham and garlic naan breads to die for , they also have a singer on who sings in the style of the artist i.e the bee gees etc.. he sends a list round and you can request songs he's very good and its good fun if its your kind of thing you need to go fairly early to get a table its very popular we stay in cavelosim and went there on mondays to the market then mikes for a meal anita woody :)
hi anita :wave:
sounds good how long does it take in a taxi from Cavelossom
and what time is the market on
thanks Pat
hi pat approx 15 / 20 mins by taxi not sure if the markets on this season ht'rs have been saying all markets have been cancelled but i will find out and let you know anita :)
My daughter has just come back from betalbatim, she went into colva a few times and said there was no monday night market while she was there. hope this helps. Gel
I stayed at the Skylark last March , and loved it, there are some of my photos in the Photo Gallery, Goa album under Colva.
Restaurants - Sagar Kinara for Indian Veg and Non-Veg, very good value and just on the corner from the Skylark. Sea Pearl is on the same road as the Skylark, to the left about 150mtrs, it's not fancy but serves good fresh fish. I also like Mickys, which I think could be the one john woody mentioned. I used to like Kentuckee just off the square before the beach, but last time the service was so slow didn't wait. The Tate bar and restaurant at the Skylark, but under separate management, serves international/british food, but wasn't one of my favorites.
On the beach - the shacks on stilts to the left, Domnick's and Sun Sea and Sand are good. Walking to the right, away from the main beach towards Betalbatim, there's Silver Spoon where it's quiet. Going the other way a pleasant 20-30min wallk brings you to Benaulim, one of my favorite beaches. Try Anthy's beach restaurant, also has sunbeds. Little Tiger shack if it's still there, photo in the Goa album under Benaulim, and Johncy's and Pedros restaurants.
Almost forgot,in Colva village near the church there's Magik Itlay for a good pizza, and ajoining Silver Sands hotel is Cafe Coffee Day for a good coffee.
x lassi
If you want a change of scenery, there's a good restaurant in Betalbatim called 86HD, and several in Majorda village - Fusion (expensive), Pentagon, Crab Key and Sinatra's Chilly. There's also Martin's Corner in Betalbatim, but IMHO it's a bit overpriced.
I can second 86HD my daughter was in Betalbatim for xmas and new year she used this resturant 8 times, she said it was great value for money and the food was lovely, and owner and staff were very good, even invited them to midnight mass and the party in the square afterwoods that went on till 6am xmas morning.I cant wait for December to try there myself. :cheers
there was definately no market at colva up to when I left on the 6th of jan, and woth all the activity around Colva, there want be one this season.
Danny
Hi

Does anyone know if you can hire a fridge at the above, also is it quiete at night ie no barking dogs.

Thanks
AJ
Hi there, i`ll be staying at the Skylark from 21st March onwards. You won`t have a problem with dogs. They normally stay on the beach at night. I don`t think they have fridges in the rooms. It doesn`t mention fridges on there web site.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.