Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Yes, Slovenia is a lovely unspoiled place with nice places to eat but if you're looking for a beach based holiday then it might not be for you. Slovenia has only a very small coastline on the Gulf of Trieste with only 3 main smallish towns, Piran, Izola and Portoroz. Most visitors go to Slovenia for the magnificent mountains and lakes.

Croatia is much more likely to provide what you need but you'll have to go to southern Croatia for a good choice of sandy beaches. The northern Adriatic coast is very rocky and sandy beaches are few and far between.

SM
Both the Croatian and Slovenian tourist boards have excellent websites in English. I can't remember the exact addresses but if you google you should find them easily - if you include the word government you should get there quickly rather than just get advertisements.
Not sure when you are going, but we are off to Croatia (Rovinj) for a week, followed by Kranjska Gora (Slovenia) for the second week on 30th of May.

I will post some information when we return.
we arrive in slovenia on 31st may for 5 nights ill also do a report when i get back
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.