Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
No experiences of these hotels (we were staying in Bled) but the Triglev national park is amazing. You'll enjoy the area!
If anyone would like to post a review for any of the above hotels, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
So glad someone else is thinking of Kranjska Gora :) We have booked for next year 30th May. We have booked the Kotnik via Inghams. We are staying a week in Rovinj (Croatia) Hotel Eden and the second week in Kranjska Gora.

I selected both hotels after my usual extensive research!! The Kotnik has excellent reviews. The people that own the Kotnik have a little restaurant/pizzeria which apparantly is supposed to be excellent and frequented by many locals.

We had booked Kranjska Gora a couple of years ago (unfortunately had to cancel)and were due to stay in the Prisank which I think is either new or has had a major refurb. However I did notice in the Thomson Lakes & Mountains brochure for this year if you look at the Customer satisfaction graph it doesn't rate too good!

Slovenia looks absolutely stunning and beautiful and I cannot wait to visit.
Off to Switzerland in 9 days for the "Glacier Rail Journey" which I am now soooo excited!!
I have travelled with Inghams before to Austria - Excellent company!! They also seem a lot cheaper than other companies with an early bird discount of up t £100 per couple.

The Kotnik was my original choice but the only reason I decided it against was because it did not have some of the leisure facilities of the others, but from what I have heard from different people the Kotnik is top notch!! and the pizzas are to die for (apparently)

I am going to Croatia this year staying at the Park, Eden also looks great but there prices for a single reaveller was a lot more expensive than the Parl.
We too have travelled Inghams to Austria and completely agree, they are excellent. We are going to Switzerland with Thomsons only because we booked a cruise last year on the Destiny for Sept 06, however after a cruise on Thomson Spirit which we went on last Sept and didn't particularly enjoy we decided to change the holiday, so rather than lose the deposit, we changed to the Swiss Rail Journey.

However I am not impressed with Thomsons at all, their handling of this booking has been pretty shambolic to say the least.

Back to topic, yes I see your point if you are wanting leisure facilities, then maybe one of the bigger hotels would be better for you.

There are a few reviews on Kranjska Gora on another site but I am not sure whether I can post the link on here!

Good luck
Hi, we are thinking of taking in the World Cup skiflying comp in Planica next March 2008 (we're already going to Zakopane for the World Cup ski jumping in Jan 2008) has anyone been to Planica or around there and has any tips re: accomodation, best airport to fly into to, food etc. Thanks!
nickl52 wrote:
Looking to go to Slovenia for a week early next year. These hotels in Kranjska Gora seem to be rated the same - anyone had any experiences?

PRISANK
LARIX
KOTNIK
LEK

Thanks
Nick?

We stayed at the Lek 4 years ago and have just booked to return next year. We found it very good but I would say a 4 star hotel in Slovenia would rate as 3 stars in Austria.
Thanks for the update passiontravel however this particular topic is 7 years old and the op has never bothered to come back on to HT on those 7 years :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.