Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Small Planet is a Lithuanian charter airline with a couple of planes, Olympic used them last year. :)
woodward,

They are a low cost airline operating Boeing 737-300 and Airbus A320-200. Most UK carters that I've seen are operated by the 737. They offer a pretty basic service so don't expect too much.

Darren
cheers darren am having 737 simulator experience next month it may come in handy regards woodward
I know it might be basic service , but hopefully you won't have fly it !!!! :fly :fly
Small Planet Airlines will run from the UK to Chania this summer. They previously leased aircraft to Tor Air (no longer operating) but has anyone flown with Small Planet yet? If so what was your experience? Presumably there's no inflight movie!
Small Planet Airlines will in many cases replace Tor Air this summer following the demise of the latter. In fact Tor Air used to lease their aircraft from Small Planet. Has anyone got experience of Small Planet yet, notably on their service to Chania in Crete? How is the quality? Is there a movie etc? Any comments appreciated.
:yikes
Richard1 wrote:
Small Planet Airlines will in many cases replace Tor Air this summer following the demise of the latter. In fact Tor Air used to lease their aircraft from Small Planet. Has anyone got experience of Small Planet yet, notably on their service to Chania in Crete? How is the quality? Is there a movie etc? Any comments appreciated.

Personally I would never in a million years use this airline ever again! We have just returned from Crete, and the outbound flight was horrendous from start to finish! We had to make an emergency landing in Rome, left on the plane and surrounded by all emergency services. Dumped in Rome airport with no help or info from Small planet as to what was going on. When we finally got a replacement flight the crew were rude, spoke very limited English. No in flight film, no music nothing! There wasn't enough food for half the people on the flight,if you were lucky it was cold. Check the Manchester evening news for July 17th flight to Chania we were on it and would never ever expect to be treated like that. Appauling. :yikes
Returned from Samos with this carrier last Thursday and would not choose to fly with them again. Check in at Gatwick took forever due to just 1 desk open for at least 40 mins. Plane was clearly old and 1 rear loo was out of action. Return was worse and service on board terrible. Drinks trolley took 1hr 15mins to travel the length of the plane. Veggie meals ran out around row 20 and ice was not available for drinks when they reached us in row 22. A very warm 330 cl. beer was £3.80 and wine was £4. The smell from the toilets at the rear of this plane was seriously bad. These flights might be cheap but at what cost. On the plus side luggage allowance was 20kg., the included hot meal was ok and both flights were pretty much on time.
We are flying from Newquay to Dubrvnik 17th september on a charter with Newmarket Holidays so I hope they are ok :)
Flying to Lanarca from Manchester on Small Planet, it worked out over £200 cheaper than any other flight. I've been looking for information on the flight experience itself. The only info online seems to be that a couple of years ago a few planes had severe delays. and people whinging that it's not a UK company. Anyone flown with them this year or even last year and can give some info on the inflight experince, food, etc?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.