Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Smirnoff Vodka
23 Posts
Hi Mark & Nicky, like everything it is down to personal tastes, the draught beers in Malta are all keg or smooth beers which means that they are all kept under pressure and mixed with gas, they are then pumped up using gas which kills any flavour that the beer ever had and can even taint the beer with gassy flavours, where as the bottles of beer aren't treated as harshly by having gas pumped in to them, therefore you stand a much better chance of actually getting some flavour from your beer if you drink the bottles as there is not so much gas in them.

Regards
Sliema2

Ps, This is not a world record attempt to use the word "gas" as much as possible :lol: .
It wasn't a record until you added the p.s. Sliema, Nice going :wink:

Thanks for all the tips and info on the beers out there. Hopleaf is what I recall sampling in '77. Not that I had aquired a taste for beer really back then at the tender age of 17. (much)

We used to visit a small bar called Jessies Bar, a dusty floored dark corner bar, and big scary Jessie running it.

She used to give one cent on all bottles returned and so, like a 10 year old, I used to take them down to her, well I didn't have a lot of cash back then! Not like todays youth.

(good god, I've just turned into my father :shock: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.