Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
My son and daughter in law are your age group and went for the first time to spain last year, they went to tossa de mar and loved it no larger louts but a very pretty resort with loads of bars and restraunts depends what you are lookin for, if you have a car you can go to loret de mar and blanes also all the other resorts along the costa brava coast before you hit barcelona, for a truly spanish resort try callella de parafrugell and llfranc, do not get callella confused with callella de parafrugell, callella is a dive in our opinion, parafrugell is the most lovely little spanish village in costa brava the coastal walk to llfranc is a sight to see, the locals when judith chalmers did wish you were here begged it not to be aired because they like to keep it as it is with not to many tourists, most of the beaches are good to swim in parafrugell is excellant
Rosie
most beaches in the malgat/callella/blanes area are steep, which is why we are looking at estartit this year. beach there is ideal for poor swimmers-so i have been reliably told- and pictures of resort show shallow sea.
malgrat etc are too near barcelona to make them different so i would suggest estartit area, or even go further down coast and come back up to barca.
Beach at parafrugell is wonderfully take at look at my pics on the site swim in safety at this resort beautifull place to stay, and truly typical spanish resort
Rosie
Malgrat de Mar is a good place to stay, neither too loud nor boring. You can get to the other villages by train or boat and there are many short day trips you can start from Malgrat. Walking the promenade you'll find many shops and pubs.
When are you planning your trip? I know a 4-star hotel which has a great May offer. If you stay 4 days you get the 5th for free. Price per day is 34€ and includes two meals.
Check out the offer here http://www.tropic-park.com/specialloffers/ingles
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.