Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
we are going to egypt in april and staying at the sol sharm and would
like to know if anybody out there has stayed in the hotel and what they thought of it and is it close to shops etc any info would be welcome :( or :)
we are staying at the above hotel in april and are trying to find some
info or feed back from any one who may have stayed there hope somebody can help :?
:
we are still trying to get any info about the sol sharm hotel in sharks
bay we know its quite new but there must be someone who has stayed there or is it not the place to stay :?:
8) 8) 8) any other info on that hotel i remember seeing some thing when we were out there at xmas 2005 what company is that with???????
we are going with airtours going places if that is what you mean
I am staying in the sol sharm hotel in july and would love to know if anyone has stayed there and any info about it. Are there plenty of beds with shade. There are nine of us going and last year trying to sit around the pool was a nightmare. I have also read that the food is not too good so more info on that and a trip to Cairo would be great. 8)
3 british lads also in the sol sharm from 7thy july to 17th
Hi :D

You'll find a review here....

CLICK HERE

Philippa :D
Jacko

You must have been to the sol Sharm by now - what was it like? Any info would be great. Still can not find much on this hotel. :? :?
hiya can any one give me some information on the sol sharm hotel in sharks bay i am thinking of booking it for 2007, but he reviews early this year say the al inclusive package at the hotel is not very good and yiu are treated like second class because your not payimg for the drinks if any one has been or is going soon can they let me know how it is thanks
I stayed there a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! It`s very clean and the staff are really good,especially with little kids.

Food is ok,generally veg is half cooked and seems to be covered in oil for no good reason.You can get a 10 minute boiled egg there too,ideal if the other half is doing ya nut in just hurl it at them.The pastries and cakes are to die for,thats mainly what we ate.At least in Naamba bay there is pizza hut/mcdonalds/kfc if you get too fussy.The lunch resturant next to the pool area is really good and well priced.

The pool did close about 7pm for cleaning and there was always plenty of sun loungers.

A bit of advice dont get the hotels taxi`s what wait outside the lobby,they will rip you off good style,best thing to do is walk along the road way and within 5 mins a blue and white taxi will be there and you can always haggle on price.

There are a few shops near reception what mainly sell the usual tat what you can get anywhere,but always haggle.Beware of the old bloke what does the henna tattoo`s,he is a dirty old perv and will try to stick the lips on ya.

I found that the night time entertainment was on a bit late,some nights it didn`t start till 9pm which is no good if you have small children.Think best bet for night entertainment would be in Naamba bay.

Housekeeping are excellent and change bedding and towels everyday,they leave your room spotless.We left money/camera/watches on the table and nothing was taken.More than their jobs worth if they do.

Overall the hotel was great and I would defo return to that hotel.
The Sol Sharm has only recently gone All Inclusive which has created a few problems but the staff there are great really helpful.

There are no shops around the area at all other than 2/3 of the hotels own, there is a pharmacy and small super market in one of the other nearby hotels.

They have a shuttle bus to Naama bay once a day, they also have an ATM in reception
Has anyone any up to date info on this hotel the review is from 2004 im a bit confused about the beach on going places is states 500 metres away and on the review it says shuttle bus to the beach any help would be much appreciated :P
hi there is a shuttle bus to the beach because its about 300m away.
thanks for clearing that up for me :P
hi we have booked to go to this hotel in sept and am now wondering if ive done the right thing. ive been reading the latest reviews on trip advisor and it says there is only 1 bar where you can get the ainc drinks and also they do not serve wine we feel we have been miss led about this hotel and would like to change to another one how would be the best way to go about this without incurring much expense
Did you book through a tour operator? If so most of them will let you change for an amendment fee of about £20 pounds per person. You will need to ring them and be ready with alist of hotels you want to change to.
If the hotel is more expensive you will need to pay the extra.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.