General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi. I always go to Rhodes mid October. Mostly the weather is great and the sea is warm but the island is closing for winter and, of course, it's in the euro zone. Love your user name by the way :)
hi anne
thank you for the reply.
we went to crete last october and weather was mostly dry but unfortunately i got eaten to death by mossies. found it rather expensive with the euro though
regards
helen
Yes, the euro rate is not good for us at all.We got eaten alive in Crete and in Corfu but the Rhodian mozzies must have found some-one tastier.Hope you find a holiday, I'm off to Rhodes on May 12th. for about the 80th. time!!
Anne
hi meerkat
yes, been checking out egypt as a possibility.
thank you

hi anne
can you give me some tips of where to try in rhodes? is it any good please for people with mobility problems
regards
helen
Really depends on how moblie you are Helen. The streets are not the best in the town although they have made a good pavement along the sea front.Lindos is very hilly, maybe Pefkos would suit you. Marcuschap is the expert on that end of the island as I stay either in town or with my friends near Kalithea.
If you post on the Rhodes forum I'm sure he will answer you.
HTH. Anne
I have been to Icmeler the last few Octobers and the weather has been lovely apart from one thunderstorm one evening. :sun2
The prices seem to be lower for food and drinks as the resort closes at the end of the month. :tup
hi jay
thank you for the suggestion will look it up
helen
Thomas Cook and their companies,Sunset,Manos,and Direct holidays usually have good offers for October. :tup Icmeler is a beautiful scenic flat resort and easy for people with mobility problems to get around.
How about Tunisia? No Euro (although if you have any left over you can use them at Duty Free), short flight and the couple of times I've been in October the weather's been great. Not all hotels are great if you have mobility problems, but there are several new hotels and recently refurbished ones that should be better for this. Again it depends on the extent of the problem.
If you decide to go to Tunisia,I can thoroughly recommend the Abou Sofiane hotel in Port el Kantaoui.
Still prefer Icmeler though as its lovely in October,both weather and atmosphere. :tup
I would recommend Tunisia , we went last week of October 09 and the weather was glorious, warm enough to go in the sea and to sun bathe , PEK is very flat
hi guys
thank you all for the suggestions, will check them out and let you know where we decide on!
thanks again
helen :cheers
We've been to Icmeler in October the past three years and the weather has been lovely each time. Hoping to go again this October, although it's only three weeks until our first visit there this year! :cheers
Sharm el Sheikh, Rhodes, Cyprus, Antalya or Marmaris ;)
If you want total chill out try Cape Verde we went in March and had fantastic weather and i am told its the same in October.
Cyprus always has lovely weather in October
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.