Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Just in case anyone searches and finds this thread.

the answer to my query was:

You are limited to 5000 Rand in currency, however there is no limit on the amount in Travellers Cheques.

Gerry
Malaysia also has a limit on how much currency you can bring in (1000 ringgits per person I think). Unfortunately, we didn't find out until we were filling in the immigration forms on the plane to KL! We obviously put that we'd got the exact limit and fortunately we weren't queried on it when we arrived, but we were sweating a bit as we lined up to have our passports inspected! Do they confiscate it if they find you have too much?
For South Africa there is a limit of 5000 Rand which works out at less than £500 but don't panick for three good reasons, no limit on travellers cheques or how much you can withdraw from cash machines and a beer can cost as little as 40p and a fillet steak £3 so your money goes a long way:) I heading back to Durban for 3rd fear and you will not believe the holiday you can have for £2000 for........................two:)
That would be year not fear despite what some might tell you about South Africa;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.