UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
We live in Southampton and to be honest there is a good selection.

Within a short taxi ride you will find , at the top end of the price range the DeVire Grand Harbour. 4 * now having been downgraded from 5 * due to a drop in bookings as the recession bit.

Then there is Holiday Inn and Novatel both nice 3* places ( would recommend Novatel its really quite smart)

Then we have Ibis

And for the real budget alternative we have the Etap.

All 5 hotels are within 5 mins walk of each other in an area that has grown around the cruise terminal..

Please reply or PM for any more help re your stay Southampton, there's lots to see and do and great places to eat but its a bit spread out and you really do need to know where your going if your thinking heading off out into our city.

The Maritime museum and its Titanic exhibition comes well recommended but maybe not just before your cruise ;)

J..
Thankyou for the info Mille :tup , I shall now have a little researsh on each you have listed.
We have stayed at the Etap and it is really cheap at £32 a night when we stayed. However the bed was like sleeping on concrete, and I can normally sleep on a washing line. I think I would go for the Ibis or Novotel if I was staying again.

luci :wave
The Jurys Inn, Southampton is also a pretty decent hotel, quite well rated on tripadvisor, it's up the other end of the town from the entrance to the Port but still a pretty good location.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.