Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Anyhow its the bus next time and if I need one will hire a car in the resort

Won't you run into the same problem in resort?
This gets worse. So if you have a puncture on an old knackered tyre and it needs replacing you pay for it & the car hire company get a brand new tyre, fantastic

It is your responsibility to check the tyres (including spare) when you collect the car. You should also check lights and horn. It is a fact that people who collect hire cars do fail to check these things out, as do the hire companies. I have known of cases where people have found the spare missing or damaged when checking the car over. Better to take a few minutes to ensure all is right.

Remember this applies here in the UK as well as abroad. It is your licence at risk and you who will be prosecuted.

When I ran car hire I always checked vehicles when the came back including under the bonnet. There have been cases where even the engine has been changed. A friend of mine in the same business had a car come back with four bald tyres, fortunately they, like me did check.

fwh
Hi deetee

I suppose you will but the pressure & stress of travelling is not there so you could take your time and compare operators prices, terms & conditions then decide if you wish to proceed.

Phil Chaplin
A couple of years ago I wrote a piece about car hire and tried to explain all the jargon. That can be found here;

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=88877&start=0

Does not answer everything but it at least gives you an insight into all the blurb.

fwh
http://www.insurance4carhire.com/index.asp?subRefID=&pageID=47&langID=1&refID=100&curID=1

The above website is a insurance company who reduce your excess to zero for a fee ... they also cover tyres & the underside of the car - which a lot of policies don't cover .... £65 for an annual world-wide policy.

I have used them a few times - never had to claim thou! Seem ok.

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.