Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Spending money
5 Posts
Hi and welcome to HT!

You will get a better rate locally than you would in the UK so I wouldn't change it all before travelling. Also your travel insurance normally only covers up to £250 cash, but it depends on your policy.

Travellers cheques are less widely accepted in some places. There are pre-paid cards where you load them before you go and withdraw from ATM's, but you need to check the rates and whether there are charges for withdrawing. You will find plenty information here:-

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money

However make sure you have a back up card in case there is a problems with your main one.

HTH

luci :wave
Hi and welcome from me as well. I think you would be best to go with a small amount of cash to tide you over for the first couple of days and draw the rest out of ATMs as and when you need it. I agree it certainly isn't a good idea to wander about with £1000 on you.

Doe :sun2
Thank you both for your reply :) I have a long time to decide what to do, but What doe said sounds like a good idea.

Cheers.
It seems to work in most places now Benjamin as most places (unless you are stuck out in the back of beyond) seem to have loads of ATM machines. If you do find you end up with a load of cash at any point best make sure you hire the safe in the hotel room or apartment you are staying.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.