Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sports bar
29 Posts
Alive and kicking in January
You dont need to apologise for something you like doing/watching sleep. Hope your team win whoever they are :D
Gemma33 its not actually for me has such its for my sil but i'l have to go just to fetch the drinks i suppose. :rofl
Get a large one for yourself then sleep :lol:
Is that the only bar that shows English Premiership football?
:yikes erm....no, every where you look there are big screens with the Football on. I'm sure you'll have no problem in finding somewhere close to your hotel that does it.

GFF xx
Still up and running yesterday we dont bother though
Apparently!!! Kicked off there big style on Sunday, (Arsenal/Chelsea) Quite a lot of damage done, screens had bottles thrown at them etc, fighting etc, usual football supportes stuff ! :lol:
:yikes.This sort of thing i've been dreading wandered how long it would take before some one spoiled it.
WHY can't people just BEHAVE themselves :rage
That's somewhere to stay away from then.
Another reason for keeping away from the Bermuda Triangle, enter at your peril!
If only it was just football 'thugs' who caused trouble .....
Exactly why other half and I go elsewhere if he wants to watch a spot of footie. Went there to watch a couple of games first time in Goa 5 years ago and never again - lots of other places without the tension - there was such a horribe under-current and they just want people to drink and drink - silly mix!
We arrived on 6th Feb, had rooms included at Silver Sands near the Sports bar. My wife counte the minutes before we got straight back in our taxi and headed north. 7 minutes.

We had driven past the Sports bar on route that was still having repairs from the football crowd the previous weekend, and whilst I was at Silver Sands reception 4 drunken men (40+), started to swear and shout at the lady behind the desk because their 'superior' room had 3 beds in one room. I walked away very sad and very ashamed to be British.

Needless to say we didn't return to the Bermuda Triangle(apt desc) again.

These people should stick to Benidorm in November, sorry mod if I'm stereotyping but you know what I mean.
These people should stick to Benidorm in November

They shouldn`t be allowed out of the Country never mind be allowed in any one elses, disgusting behaviour :evil:
Steady decline of standards over last five years and will get worse.
The rabble has landed so it will be best to avoid where football
is showing.
I'm not sure its a football thing just lack of any policing, I am not use to watching footy in my local surrounded by low life's getting drunk on very cheap booze and smoking waccy baccy when they don't know how to handle it.

I love my footy and watched loads of games whilst in North Goa without any problems whatsoever.
Well said Bigbadad, couldnt agree more. Might get the same reaction/fights/arguing from lots of other sports as well.
Lots of folk as well, IMO, think because they travel to Goa and further afield they are better than people who travel to Spain, Greece, Turkey etc. Its just not the case, only an illusion in their own minds.
We watched a few matches in sports bar and it was good atmosphere and our fella's had footie tops on too so maybe we're chavs? hooligans? Ha ha Not particulary bothered what anyone thinks so long as we're well behaved and enjoying ourselves.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.