Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
STALIS
14 Posts
You will love it in Stalis, was there 3 years ago and will be going back next year. Malia is far enough away for you not to be bothered, we certainly had no cause for cencern. The people in the bars and restaurants are very nice and will do just about anything for you. We used the Pegasus bar a lot and Emma that runs it is amazing, never stops working.
If you go to the Pegasus, say hi to Emma for me please.

Go and enjoy.

Mick'o' (the quizman from luton)
Hiya LINDS29 , welcome to the forum.
You willlove it at Stalis , and don't worry about being near to Malia , it's not that close and not as bad as you've heard , nice beach at Stalis and nice people. We are staying at the hotel Anastasia . only 17 sleeps to go !!!! The bus service is very good if you like seeing places.
Enjoy your holiday :wave:
David
Only 6 days till I go!Staying at the Anastacia too
:sun2
Have a good time Graeme , how long are you going for ?
may see you there ! :tup
crookesmoorlad wrote:
Have a good time Graeme , how long are you going for ?
may see you there ! :tup

Thanks
We are there for a fortnight,so might see you there,my Daughter is football mad and will probably be seen in front of the telly when Liverpool are playing wearing her Liverpool top I'll be sat next to her keeping her company.
You will love Stalis Ive been there three times the last time recently with a three and a half year old. Beaches are beautiful with the added bonus of a lifeguard on the Beach behind the Britannia Inn, you can have breakfast there then use their sun loungers free all day. If your nine year old is fussy about what they eat there is a british pub up the little road across from the big & spa hotel on the beach road that does gorgeous british food. With you having a child i would advise you to take anti bac wipes as in greece, if you have never been before, is differant to british hotels. A must is the happy train it goes round Stalis and the two flanking resorts it lets you see the surrounding beautiful countryside
15 more sleeps until we go the Anastacia in Stalis so may see you guys there...we also are from Liverpool so may see you in the bar if the match is on.

Have a great time xx

Liz Mc
:wave: Hi, we are travelling to Crete for the first time this July and having booked Stalis, was a bit worried when I began to read resort reviews. The comments above have been very reassuring! We love a bit of sand and sea, so have booked a hotel on the sea front, but we are also looking for some places to visit including Knossos. Can anyone give us some ideas? I should say it's just me and hubby - kiddies have all grown up.

Thanks, in advance.
We done a boat trip to Sissi, lovely little place on east coast.
Sure Stalis is OK but it's not very Cretan. Have a great time but next visit go to Chania area. You'll never go back east of Heraklion!
Hi Littlecharmer,
We went to Stalis in Aug 2008 and had a great holiday. I can recommend you take the Happy Train into the mountain village of Krassi for a few hours. You get time to have a wonder around and have a drink/bite to eat.
Here's the happy train
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5199/happytrain.jpg
and the mountain road-
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2889/mountainroadcrete.jpg

The only organized trip we did was the one to the island of Spinnalonga (ex leper colony) which was very enjoyable. You go to the port of Elounda by coach, where the boat takes you over to the island.

On Spinalonga
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8286/spinnalonga.jpg

Enjoy!
Thanks for the advice, and the pictures. It looks beautiful
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.