Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
couldn`t say which is best to take as we always take euro travellers cheques and the exchange rate tends to be the same throughout the island.
the weather is normally very warm but can get a little windy late in the afternoon.
there are some very good restaurants in the village sambikas, georges to name one or two the coralli is also good but its out the village on the way to lardos
to be honest i have given up with taking travellers cheques. all the hassle of changing them every time you need cash, i take what i think i may need for the first day or so and then get cash out of the atm when i need it. saying that they do have the cover if they are stolen.. all up to you, the exchange rate really doesn;t differ that much from the uk, well it didn;t last year when i worked out there
i agree, what is the point of taking travellers cheques when there are plenty of cash machines in these resort and the banks give you a good exchange rate.

My advice is to get a bit of money from the travel agent and take your bank card with you and get it out as you need it :-)
Do the atm's / bars / cafe's take debit (switch/maestro) rather
than credit cards?

Thanks
In that case would it work out as a saving to leave my holiday spending money in my bank account and draw it out as/when its needed over there rather than taking travellers cheques?
ive used credit cards in resaurants over in greece and turkey and you can certainly use your credit card in an ATM but there is always a charge for withdrawing cash on a credit card as im sure you know.

id take your debit card for getting cash and credit card for making purchases etc for the extra security it provides
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.