Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Stoupa
50 Posts
Got back from Stoupa about two weeks ago.

You have nothing to worry about, the holiday was superb from beginning to end (even the in flight food).

Stoupa itself is a small self contained resort centred around the beach.

We stayed at the Lefktron Hotel, which was superb, spotlessly clean and friendly staff and a very nice pool area. The breakfast was continental but you can order bacon and eggs etc from the menu at an extra cost.

Very good beach with lots of beds and umbrellas, some to rent others are free if you eat and drink in the bars providing them.

The tavernas are some of the best I have been to in Greece, not the greatest meals ever but for overall standard excellent, we ate in a different taverna every night in the first week, and ate in nine altogether and didnt have one poor meal.
The local wine is excellent and at 2euros a half litre you cant go wrong.
A half litre of Mythos or Amstel on average was 2euros.
Most nights we would have a couple of starters (maybe saganaki and greek salad) two main courses and a litre of wine and maybe a baclava or ice cream between us :lol: and 25euros would cover it including a tip.

There are a few trips you can go on, Olympia etc..

All in all an excellent resort.
Thank you for the info. We have spent the last few holidays in Turkey so we expected Greece to be really expensive. We are looking forward to going to Stoupa as it looks a lovely place.
Thanks Margaret
can anyone help me I am thinking of going to Stoupa mainland Greece next year can anyone send me photos give me advice or just general info on Stoupa we love quiet relaxing holidays but can only go in the main summer fortnight-is this wise etc etc. I would be really grateful Thank you.
Stoupa has its own cam board http://www.zorbas.de/webcam/index.php
you will find lots of info and pictures,the geoges hotel is in a great location and is in the manos brochure.
Just go its superb, not as quiet as the Pelion but excellent none the less.
We stayed at the Lefktron hotel, fifty yards from the beach with an excellent pool, book through Kosmar or First Choice.
The overall standard of food is the best I have ever had in Greece and I've been going for twenty years. :lol:
Hi

Have visited Stoupa previously, with company called Greek Options. stayed at the apartments Rene & Costas which was excellent.
See http://www.greekoptions.co.uk/Rena&Costas.html

Apartments right on Kalogria beach which is the best beach. Kosmar go there too but apts do not have the sea view. 8 min walk into town plenty of good tavernas on route but R & C took some beating ...

Anything specific you can ask ...
hi
stoupa is a lovely place, but having been there in august i would not recomend going then. apparently all of athens takes thier vacation in august, and stoupa seems a very popular place with athenians, as well as all of the brits,italians ,germans,dutch etc etc. the place is completely packed!!! I agree with another comment about the food being excellent and Georges Apartments being a great place to stay (manos). i would love to return one day ,but not in the height of the season!!
I was there in August whilst the Olympics were on, OK it was busy but it was by no means packed, there was no problem getting space on the beach, and getting into a taverna on an evening was no problem, especially if you went up towards Akrotiri etc..
It was just too busy for me, although my husband would agree with you and couldnt understand what i was going on about! I suppose its to be expected that most places are busy end of July into August , something i'll have put up with while the kids are school age. you are right about the tavernas, we generally went to eat at about 9.30, and although it was hard to get a table along the main front, there was no problem up the end where akrotiri was (gialos was a favourite) and also at places up towards kalogria.
Don't go in July or August - go in June or September and you won't be disappointed. The food is the best food I have ever had in Greece and the people are wonderfully friendly. We want to go back next year!

:D
Hello -been to several greek islands but Stoupa is a first time visit - can any one tell me a bit about the place and what they thought? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Have a look at http://www.zorbas.de/webcam/eindex.php and click onto the camBoard.
Hmmm
the webcam doesn't do much to sell the place!
The discussion group on this site covers all aspects of Stoupa - you'll find a lot of information on here, also check out their old closed forum and picture gallery They are a friendly helpful lot if you have any specific questions.

http://www.zorbas.de/webcam/camboard/

It's a lovely laid-back resort by the way, with good beaches and some excellent restaurants.
Went last year, loved it, best food I've had in Greece and cracking beaches.
The webcam does get slightly better when it gets sunnier, it is situated at the quiet end of the beach above the Zorbas travel agents.
Hi

Have visited Stoupa previously, with company called Greek Options. stayed at the apartments Rene & Costas which was excellent.
See http://www.greekoptions.co.uk/Rena&Costas.html

Apartments were right on Kalogria beach which is the best beach. 8 min walk into town plenty of good tavernas on route but R & C food took some beating ...

I would recomend the place its so laid back and the food was excellent everywhere that we went the locals were welcoming. This is Greece the way it was meant to be ...
We, had a family holiday to Stoupa a couple of years ago and loved the place.The beaches were good,resturants excellent with plenty of choice.
Stoupa is a compact resort with a village atmosphere and in the evenings there is a lovely vibe,People tend to stroll up and down the promanade or sit about watching amazing sunsets.
When we were due to go I too found it hard to get any good info or pictures but as mentioned before that site is really helpful.There are real "stoupaphiles "on there!I'm sure you can't fail to have a good holiday we will certainly go back it was one of those places that people had become addicted to and returned year after year.
That webcam pic looks nothing like the real Stoupa don't worry about that.
One of my lasting memories has to be the way the surrounding mountains are lit up at night by little villages up in the hills while you dine.,Just like fairy lights.oh and the delicious (and cheap)pitta gyros at lunchtimes.Have a good time
melanie.
A very good choice our whole family had 3 weeks there everyone thought it was a very lovely resort. Beaches were very beautiful.Sea extremly cold due to underwater springs straight from the mountains, leading to some quite unique sea creatures.The greeks in this paticular region are very friendly. Stoupa itself is a very nice resort, as are the surrounding villages. Taking a trip up through the Langada pass to sparta and Mistra are also worth the effort. If your into history theres plenty in this area some of the houses are towers due to its turbulent past. My advice dont be frightened of exploring the whole area its definitly worth it........dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.