Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Stoupa
6 Posts
For all things to do with Stoupa, including 2 web cams, see this discussion forum:

http://zorbas.de/scripts/phpBB2/index.php

I'd say it fits your bill pretty nicely :D
Thanks Maria, very useful information and as you say it fits the bill.
Stoupa is great, Kalogria beach is gorgeous sand and the sea cobalt blue, if at times a little chilly due to the fresh water springs. If you see some pictures of the bay it has little whirlpools where the water springs are evident.
The town beach is rather shingly, but shares the same excellent view, but backs on to the main road. Early in the season melted snow water enters the bay from the mountains behind via the dry river bed on the main town beach by the supermarket.

There are plenty of followers for this resort, rightly it has a special place amongst us british tourists as it is the way greece used to be.

If you have a morning coffee at the harbour taverna by the fish restaurant, and look back across the bay. Coffee will progress to lunch, the afternoon will slip by ...
Seems to me you've found the right place for your first time on the mainland.
We returned from Stoupa on Sunday. We thought it was absolutely beautiful. Very traditional. Enough tavernas to eat at a different one each night for 2 weeks. The food was delicious, we never had a bad meal. A good supermarket that sold everything. The sea was clear and the beaches were good. Excellent for snorkelling. We found it to be very cheap too. We hired a car for 3 days 130 euros. It is mountainous so we did start to feel a little travel sick after a while though! I would highly recommend Stoupa to anyone wanting a nice laid back holiday. If I can help you at all with any other information please don't hesitate to ask.
San
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.