General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hope you hear soon Think the next lot of holidays start around April. Is that right? Would love to book a french park for October, so really hoping i get a priorty ref next time. If not though will just have a stab with the tokens again for a uk park!

European holidays are out now ,no priority codes,just collect the tokens : http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/travel/sunholidays/europe/article2199562.ece?

Good luck
Thanks Rachie. Had no idea they were out now,- i'll have to go and get a copy of the sun today, even if it is snowing heavily.
Am i too late to start collecting the tokens?
Just got a copy of the sun, and it's on token six already :yikes was hoping i had just missed it by a day or two :cry

Realistically, is there any way i would get a holiday for October now, if i start collecting from today? We were hoping for one of the parks in France, but thought it was

April when the next round of holidays were out!
yeah the next normal ones ( ie with priority codes sent out etc) should be April ish time

but they sometimes throw in some extra european ones at other times too!

Are you looking to go during term time in Oct ? if so have a look to see how much it would be to book direct ,as often it won't be much more
:wave: Hi Rachie. we were thinking about going away for october half term,- despite being away on a uk sun holiday in September,-as well as everything we have booked up for this year :D
Yes, i was slightly wrongfooted with these set of Euro hols, as I thought the only way to get one of these was with a priorty code,when the next round of hols came around in April! Hence me saying I hoped to get a priority code next time !
Anyway, we can only go to one of maybe two of the parks near paris, and can only go in October half term, so I dont think i'd have much of a hope of getting a holiday if i only put down two parks and one set of dates.
I may give it a go though, as i've nothing to lose, and i can always have a go again in April if i get priorty booking form then. If not we'll do a three nighter in a uk park.
Thanks for all your help :)
yeah definitely worth a shot :)
we always go in Oct half term,Disney is lovely at that time of year with all the Halloweeny stuff :)

we have always managed to get one of the French sites for Oct dates,even when we sent the forms off (before we used to get priority booking forms / number)

x
Got a priority form in the post today, for the £15 european holidays - totally unexpected, and sadly i dont think i'll use it this time as i already have a weekend booked later on this year using the tokens, and a three nighter booked independtly.
Would have held off booking though if i had known a priority form was coming my way. :(
Anyone else got one of these. My friend also recieved one this morning
yes I got mine a few days ago too :) Not sure if we will use ours either,as got Italy in May,few camping trips in June/July/Aug,Disney in Oct and Bluestone in Dec! and we have been to Centerparcs for Easter hols lol

will have to see what dates are available, and maybe convince hubby :D
Yes we've also got lots booked up, A couple of weekends later in the year, one's a sun holiday , then london for a week in July, France in August with friends, and counting down to our Egypt holiday in six weeks :sun2. We've also got camping trips, and a couple of nights in a travelodge in edinburugh which we got in the sale.
The problem with me is that i cant resist a bargain, and book way ahead, and then realize all my holidays are accounted for with no free dates left :)
My friend hasnt even booked her summer holiday for this year. She thinks i'm mad lol
Any unwanted codes would be greatfuly appreciated.

Looking to take my wife and 10 month old daugther away for a week brake.

Thank you.
Just got back today from Hendra Holiday Park Newquay, Bargain, Thank you SUN
I didn't book anything in the end,- though I was a little tempted : There really was only the August bank holiday that was doable, and we decided to keep that one back for a possible camping trip!
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the next lot of hols though. Is there another sun promotion around July for these hols, or is that it now until next year?
Groovychick. did you enjoy Hendra Park,- was looking at it last night, when I was still undecided about whether I was going to book a holiday or not?
Would you reccomend it?
Suncatcher, Yes highly recommended, however we didn't use the facilities (bar, cafe etc..) so I can't comment on them. The park was very well kept, really clean, staff very pleasant and helpful. Location is good but you do need transport to get into town, it is walkable (ish) but we didn't try it. Morrisons is on the doorstep for provisions, there seemed to be plenty for young children, kids club etc and the pool area looked really nice. We have stayed at the Newquay Holiday Park (also on a Sun holiday) and of the two I prefer Hendra.
Thanks for that. sounds good. I've got an older child, but we tend to just use the park as a base and the pool normally. :)
We do the same. I booked it on line as well, took a bit of tweaking but got the date I wanted. I just kept changing the choice ie, 1st to 2nd etc until it allocated me the one I wanted. The actual company themselves also put on offers so it's worth checking them also, because with the passes etc.. the total came to £130 with a refundable £30 deposit
Glad you got something in the end. I'll be waiting for the next round. Sods law i wont get a priory code then, when i want one!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.