Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
I just couldn't be bothered. The sad thing is that if everyone just took towels off vacant seats and used seats as they needed them, most people would get a seat. It certainly happens in most Far East hotels I have been to.
What they should do is give everyone 2 seats in their room that could be taken down.
I've often thought it would be better to allocate sunbeds to rooms (in fact I'm sure there was a hotel that did this ). However, the same scenario would happen as in the article's photo, folks would be getting up at the crack of dawn to 'mark their spot".

When we stayed in an apartment overlooking the beach in Carihuela, I'd watch the sunbed lady setting up on the mornings. I noticed she'd put towels on certain beds each day, folks had paid in advance to have "their spot" on the beach for their holiday duration. Tough titty if you wanted to be front row near the sea, they'd already been booked before you arrived :)
In a hotel in Thailand we came down first day to the pool beside us to every to every sunbed with a towel on it and only 2 couples there. It took us a couple of mins to realise that it was the pool attend who had done this! There were actually enough sunbeds throughout the grounds to seat everyone at one go. That's what I like at most hotels we have been to at the part of the world.
Holidaying in Guernsey, or the UK, I really don't miss this crap!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.