Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Don't know how Souza Lobo's got a mention. :shock:

There are hundreds of new and exciting restaurants in Goa and he only mentioned that one. :shock:
The article was obviously written by someone who had never been to Goa - probably just read a few bits in "Lonely Planet" plus recollections from other travellers. :x
I dont want to offend anyone has likes Souza Lobo's but I cant stand the place.
We went after being recommended by another tourist at the beach shack. It appeared dirty inside and messy. Not somewhere I like to eat. The food wasnt up to much either. I would never return there.
I know it is very well known and for some (strange) reason appears to have a lot of followers. But not for me, but then thats only my opinion.
I agree with you Gemma. We only went once. Never again!
I'll give that a miss then.
:
I dont want to offend anyone that likes Souza Lobo's but I cant stand the place.

I've even written to "Lonely Planet" to ask them to remove it from the book.

It's long past it's sell buy date. :roll:
I went to souza lobo many years ago and it was famous then,we where having our meal which wasent bad,i happend to look up at the rafters and there was this big rat looking down at me,i told the waiter,he grined at me and said plenty more in hear when we shut,honest man
The article was obviously written by someone who had never been to Goa - probably just read a few bits in "Lonely Planet" plus recollections from other travellers. Mad

Spot on, no way was he in Goa. Souza Lobo in Candolim?? Also, to say Calangute is a concrete mass like the Costa's is just a bit extreme. Lazy journalism at best, negligence at worst
Souza Lobo's is a part of history though, can you imagine what it must have been like in the 1930's.....seems a shame now it's being swallowed up by tourism central.
There are undoubtedly better, more varied restaurants these days but you just can't beat their fish tikka anywhere.
Never been impressed by the rest of the menu however, just stick to the simple specialities like the Indians do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.