Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Food was good, I have seen much worse. Our Airco didnt work the whole two weeks and they didnt seem to have a clue how to fix it. (We were offered a room change). Beach is horrible - as it is for that whole northwest coast. Rooms are cell-like. pool areas are nice.
aircraft noise I would also agree with, cant believe room selection on national basis - maybe on basis of loudest shouting tour operator?
We returned from Sunland apartments last week, and yes, the rooms do seem to be allocated on nationality, the British tending to get the 'dungeons' as we named them. The fridge didnt work, the air conditioning wouldnt turn up, down, or off, and the patio door handle was hanging off. Having said that, the room was clean, and the maids came in 6 days a week. The safety deposit box was just placed in a cupboard, (not at all secrured)which was meant to be a wardrobe for a family of 4 (no hope!) So we lived out of suitcases for two weeks.
The aircraft noise was very loud, but to be fair, the brochure did state that there was noise.
The pools were nice enough, but you had to have a 'if you can't beat em join em' attitude with regards the towels on the sunbeds, which people left there for the whole duration of their stay. Entertainment was provided in the evenings at the Blue Bay hotel across the road, which was sometimes less than family friendly :oops:
The food was edible, but sometimes cold, the kids menu consisted of chicken nuggets every night. Drinks from the pool bars, and at Blue Bay are served in plastic beakers, during the day and the evenings, which took a bit of getting used to. The beach is just pebbles, so no good for kids wanting to make sandcastles.
If you are wanting a cheap, take it as you find it holiday, then this place is ok. We will not return.
Came back this morning (yawn) from Sunland Trianta and had a fab time. The people were friendly, the food was good and my room was fine. I had an upper floor room and didn't need air conditioning as the room faced the sea and it stayed cool inside all fortnight and it was clean and big enough for myself, my partner and 2 boys. I am British and so were a lot of people there. The beach is pebbly but my 9 year old loved it as well as the water park, pool and playgrounds. I do agree about the aircraft noise but I must say we were advised of this when we booked, but take earplugs and you get used to it. I would return there again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.