Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi

I`m sure if you can get an e`mail for the hotel they will try and help you out, they are usually very obliging.
I think the info is hard to get as the hotel is so new, I`ve not managed to get an e`mail yet and normally I`m pretty
good at finding out this sort of info... as I usually tend to e`mail a room request before we go, so I`m on the case
as well. Maybe between us we may find something out.

I`m sure it will be great, shame we are not there at same time as we have a 12 year old.
Yes, I had a chat with someone on Trip advisor who e-mailed the manager of the hotel for me, so could ask him for the e-mail address however, It is Thomas cook who need to clarify with the hotel as to what the description of the family room is as they wont listen to the info i have been given.

All the foreign websites show the family room as 2 seperate rooms!!! so why would the British customers just get one room!!

Yes it`s a pity we weren`t there at the same time as the girls could have teamed up, but i am sure they will meet and make plenty of friends out there.
Hope you get sorted and get the info and the room you want, its a pain when the travel companies just can`t seem to help. :( :( I think the main problem is - Its new!!
Katie has made some lovely friends she has met on holiday, she still keeps in touch with them.
Wish we were going tomorrow as I can`t put up with `winter` any more I need some sunshine. :sun2
We are also going to the Sunrise Royal Makadi in August, there is lots of info, reviews, pictures etc available on this hotel as its been built about
3-4 years
Hi, hoping to go here in june, first time to egypt, can anybody tell me if there are any beach activities watersports etc...
Hi, Up-date on family room at Sunrise Tirana.

Had an e-mail from the hotel and family room does have two rooms with a connecting door and not 1 room with a double single and pull out sofa bed.
Glad to hear you are all sorted, can`t wait for 23rd May... counting the days :sun2 :cheers
You`ll have a great time.

Would love to hear your reviews on the hotel and photo`s on your return. :sun2
Might decide not to share.. and keep all the info to myself :think :shush only joking!! I`m hoping there may be a few more reviews before we go, what has been posted sounds pretty good..I`m sure it will be great.
My friends are also thinking about booking this hotel however, the prices have gone up since i booked so they are looking around for a good deal at the moment.
I`ve not looked since we booked...I`m always frightened they will be less than we paid.
Returned from Sharm on Sunday. I looked out for this hotel. We drove past it twice. From the outside, it looked very nice and the slides looked good. However, I should warn you that it is absolutely in the middle of nowhere! There are no other buildings or indeed anything nearby. It looks like it has been built on the moon. So I think you should definitely try to book some sort of 'pool view' which should ensure you get a decent outlook from your balcony if you intend to sit on it! Also don't expect to be able to walk to any shops etc.
Thanks for the report, I`ve seen a photo on the german site that shows it looks like its in the middle of the dessert!!! we only want a chill out week at Whit so will suit us fine.
Hi,

We are off to Sunrise Tirana over may half term and was wondering who else is going then?

Does anyone know if the wave pool is now open? Are the family rooms complete and are they one or two bedrooms?

Do men have to wear long trousers in the restaurants?

I am also concerned about transfers as I have young kids with me and last time we went it was a pain getting a taxi at the airport. However, Uk Taxi companies are charging over £40 for a shared bus or over £70 for a private taxi which is mad to just go down the road. Does anyone know a cheaper way of prebooking a taxi?

Thanks
The one I used to recommend only charged £5 each way but is really busy with the trips so doesnt arrange them any more. I have used Sharm Club before and they were on time both ways and reasonable. I have an email for Dolphen tours that do pick ups and also hire car and driver for the week. She is English married to Egyptian and living in Nabq. Have you tried medhotels and A2B transfers?
Thanks for that. I found Sharm Tours at the weekend and so booked with them. Good to hear that you have used them.

Thanks a lot
Does anyone know how I can e-mail the Sunrise Tirana Hotel. I have e-mailed but have had no reply? :( Does anyone know of a direct e-mail to the Manager there please.

Many thanks,

Nia :cheers
My family and I are going to Sunrise Tirana Egypt at the end of february, can anyone advise us on tipping and if we need to take beach towels please, any other information would be greatly appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.