Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ovacik is a small area just outside hissarono, there are a few restaurants and hotles in this area, the dolmus runs throught the day straight through the centre of hissarono and at night it stops at both ends of hissaronno,. it is very bust with lots of places to eat and drink. i think the sunshine is a long walk up from the main dolmus route so may be better getting a taxi. 8lira befor midnight 13 lira after.
hi,
i am going to stay at Sunshine Holiday resort in sept, have seen a few reviews on a couple of web sites they all seem quite goood the only concern is that the hotel is quite a distance away from the town.
i had my concerns of this so i contacted the hotel direct via email they quickly replied really thoroughly and was really freindly and helpful.
have you looked on the website for the hotel? the photos look lovely!
hope this helps you lindy 123
have you booked? when are you going?
crumpet
x :wave:
theres a new review on holiday watchdog 9/10 good review!! yipeeeee!!!! :tup
crumpet x
We have this accommodation listed in our review section HERE If anyone has stayed please post a report :cry

Kath x
i will once ive been!
there must be some members that have been!
hi going on the 5th sept cant wait dont care about a bit of a walk
just got back from sunshine holiday resort from 2 week holiday.

pool is devine, deep end for adventurous,shallow for less so.
Rooms are spacious and cleaned daily
Bar staff and kitchen staff great fun
relaxing as you want it to be
yes a long walk to hisaranou but not too far about 15 mins
get a dolmus back if you want to walk from the bottom of the hill.
taxi is 10 lira if feeling weary
food & snacks very expensive in hotel
efes beer is nice and reasonably priced
spirits and cordial expensive.
not allowed own drinks or food into resort.
overall holiday was excellent................enjoy
absolutley fantastic
ive been there the last 4 years in a row
has all there is to offer
not rowdy like marmaris just goes at a nice pace with a huge amount of bars and restaurants
ive stayed in ovecik for the last two years and going back in sept
a good walk into hisarounu but just jump on bus and take five minutes for a couple of pounds
fab sounds great!
nice to hear from someone who has been!
are they really strict about not taking food/drink back to the room? its just that we usually like to have a glass or 2 of wine on the balcony before we go out. :cheers
is the food nice at hotel? was you there as h/b or s/c? we staying there as s/c.
crumpet x
jacky
glad you enjoy! gosh it must be good, you sound like a regular! you should put a full report on the review pages!
any more tips for us?
crumpet x
you can take drink easy enough just beware of the manager catching you
i think taking a drink to your room isnt the problem its when you take beverages around the pool that is the problem
this is understandable tho as they are a business.
the food is ok but limited meal in the evening altho inexpensive for 3 courses 17 lira.
daytime sacks are ok but not very large portions altho they do have a kebab cooking most afternoons which is lush (chicken).
The bar staff are great especially banu she is so lively
We went to Hissaranu in 2006 went to Ovecik and Olu for days out Hissaranu is the mecca on a night time and Olu is the place to go during the day as Hissaranu is in the hills and has no beach area, but for night life bars and restraunts Hissaranu is the bees knees have a great time
thanks im sure we will! :sun2 not long now just under 4 weeks!!!!
crumpet x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.