General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
If you want some sun then the Canaries would be the place :lol:
Tenerife and Lanzarote are supposed to be nice that time of year,
although they will all be fairly warm.
In fact my sister in law swears by Lanzarote :lol:

Helenxx
Hi emrich. :lol:

Bluebabe has a point........ weve been to Tenerife twice in winter, 1st time for Christmas for a week, 2nd time in January.

We had temps reaching 90 degrees on both occasions we went...... :wink: ...... mostly in the 7os/80s though.
However, be warned, we may have just been lucky with the weather.
The week before we went, in the January, a couple went to Tenerife...... they had gale force winds. Their patio set was blown off their balcony.... and they were on the 3rd floor! :shock:

Egypt is also somewhere to consider. xx
.....yes, the Canary Islands are the obvious choice for really good weather, unless you can cope with a loooonger flight; bear in mind that at that time of year, as everywhere, both flights and accomodation are at a premium.....wherever you decide, I'd be looking at booking sooner rather than later..... :gluck
emrich. have a look here...

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12213&start=0

and here....

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=56418

i went to sharm last xmas and it was brilliant....returning in 16 days :lol: :lol: medot.xx
I'm looking to go away too near xmas, probably about the 29th Dec (though would go up to 1 Jan to get a better deal) and would like somewhere hot but not too expensive. Someone suggested Dubai on the linked post in the topic above and I thought that sounded interesting. They said you can get deals around the same price as the Canaries, I've found holidays for 2 to Canaries for £800 and under total whereas my holidays to Dubai are coming up at like £3000!! Am I going wrong somewhere or is it just more expensive than implied?

Does anyone have any suggestions of where will be nice to go? I would prefer somewhere hot but since I dont really want to spend more than £600 total for the two of us I'm thinking I may need to revise that. I'd settle for somewhere warm if I can't get hot for that price.

Oh also I'm not fussed about the accomodation as long as we have somewhere to sleep it can be very basic (although not to the point of being over run by bugs and stuff eww)

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.