Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
supermarket?
12 Posts
Hi

There is a Lidls in Ciutadella, http://www.lidl.es. If you try Buscar = search there might be directions or at least an address. In Mao there is a big Eroski. That's all I know.
Hi. It will definately pay you to shop at the bigger supermarkets out of resort. We used Lidl and Diskont, both in Cuitadella and found that we saved loads. An example: 5l bottled water in Cala'n Bosch was around E2.50, in Lidl it cost just 50c - if prices are still the same this year that'll be a huge saving for the 13 of you!
The main reason everthing has shot up in price is the rubbish exchange rate.It's certainly worth going out of the resorts to shop though.We always use Diskont in Ciutadella.
Hi
We are going to Arenal D'en Castell (sorry about the spelling).
Can anyone recommend a large supermarket near there please?
Thanks
Sue
Hi

We go to Arenal and there are loads of small supermarkets there but no big, big ones. The biggest would be the one in Coves Noves I guess. Arenal isn't very big so... Coves Noves is within walking distance if you don't buy too much then you would need a car. It is just before you come into Arenal. However we have found that some things ate cheaper in one and others in another so...You can find anything you need in Arenal though. However we go HB so we don't buy that much anyway. Otherwise I guess going into Mahon is where you would find a big supermarket.
You will find even the 'bigger' suprmarkets in the resorts are much more expensive than the Diskont and Lidl in Ciutadella.The shops in the resorts are trading in a relatively short season so have to make their money when they can.There are very large supermarkets in Mahon but can't remember the names of them.Sorry!
Hi
Thanks everyone. We are there for 2 weeks and have hired a car so I think it will be straight back to Mahon after we unload the suitcases!
We have been before and had trouble finding things in resort then.
Thanks
Sue
There is one in Mahon called Eroski and another large one but forgot the name at the moment.

Maryb
Search Mahon on Google maps and there is a user map of the route from the airport to Es Castell which shows supermarkets in Mahon.
:)
Wow. Aren't you clever. I would never have known about that. It's great and shows loads of supermarkets.
Thanks.
Sue
:wave:
We stay at son Parc which has a couple of small supermarkets which are adequate and considering their remoteness pretty reasonable. But have found a Spar supermarket in Mercadal which we use for a big shop if needed. The other big one near the airport is SYP which is in the industrial estate as you pass the boat dealers before the turning down to the port by the roundabout on the Calan Porter to Mahon road.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.