General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I've never thought this was necessary if paying by credit card. I've certainly never purchased it for that reason. Could be proved wrong though!
Ask yourself and answer these questions.

What sort of travel insurance cover do you have?

Do you buy the cheapest or buy the one that gives you peace of mind.

If you buy the first then the answer is yes you do need it. But if you buy the second then check out exactly what cover it gives you. It is possible to buy cover that does more than replace the lost camera, but unfortunately most people do not read the small print.

We are both of an age where the insurance cost is high, but we would rather pay a little more than get caught out.

fwh
I would like to see a travel policy what covers if your hotel goes bust.

I insure with esure, good cover at a reasonable price, a family of four 2 weeks cover to europe around £40 and they will give free to children upto 21 years of age if they are in full time education. My cover cost £62 with 2 children and excess waiver and because I am diabetic with other health problems £52 with out excess waiver is cheap compared to most other insurance companies and some refuse to insure me.
I have bought the cover and hope I won't need it. I am doing DIY- seemingly if the airline goes bust they will cover the cost and the acc. costs as well! Hope I don't find out how good it is!! CBG
Thanks for the replies. Guess I'm gonna have to read the dreaded small print of my travel insurance :( to see if its necessary or not.

And as you say calabonagirl, lets hope we don'r have to find out!
But as you asked in your original post would you need it if you have paid with your credit card anyway?

I suppose if it works out cheaper to pay the premium than the excessive credit card fee then it might be worthwhile :think
Guess I'm gonna have to read the dreaded small print of my travel insurance

Guess What - Most complaints could be quickly resolved if people actually did. But then there is also another alternative that would benefit everyone. Policies and protection schemes that were actually written in plain language and were legally enforced. Just like our MPs are claiming. It is all there in the rules - it is just that they seem not to be written in favour of the customer.

fwh
Yes i looked at supplierfailure.com a while back but I found the policy had a £50 excess which was not good for my £115 flight. Plus their policy appeared to have a get out clause so they could cancel my policy at anytime and if i made a claim i would have to get a letter in writing from the liquidator which could take months ! i like the annula policy option so shame about the excess and get out clauses. :yikes

Having read an Observer article I also notice another site offering such cover SPAM.com which for an extra £1 did not have a policy excess of such get out clauses. :tup

JH
Some advice needed please!! Have just booked our first DIY holiday for next year. Flights booked with BMI Baby and have arranged a privately owned apartment. The flights have been paid in full on my credit card and so far have paid £100 deposit for the accomodation, remainder being due 6 weeks before we go. Have been checking my travel ins policy and these elements are not covered. I can upgrade to get Independantly Booked Accomodation cover which will cost £66 for the four of us which I think is expensive. Have been looking at the site quoted in the earlier post and the cover will cost us £4 each. Does anyone know if this covers accomodation that has been booked with a private individual should we not be able to get there if the airline went bust??

Thanks, Nic.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.