Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Swimming pools
9 Posts
There's a good one near the park in Benalmadena... indoor, that is... here's a chat we had about it last year..

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=142270
Thanks Jim, I've just had a read through that link- don't think I'll bother tbh.

Wouildn't mind an outdoor pool for a bit of a lie down on a lounger. I'm not intending to do much swimming as the water will probably be freezing when we're there in April but it would have been good to dip my legs in whilst sunbathing. That's presuming we'll have enough sun for that ;)
It was all a bit much like hard work, Shirl, but it was February so outdoor was out, quite literally... you'll be alright over Easter.
If you catch the L1 bus, which runs through La Carihuela approx every half hour and tell the driver you want the stop for the Crocodile park or the fair ground.
Up there in that direction is a multi-sports stadium so you'll not miss it and it's sign posted now, with an indoor 50 metre Olympic sized swimming pool and a 25 metre wide pool "Piscina Olímpica "Virgen del Carmen" I y II ""¦"¦plus saunas, hydro- massage tubs, etc, reportedly the best in Spain.
It's open to the public "¦.
Mon- Friday 7 am - 11 pm
Saturdays 8am - 9-30pm
Sundays 8am - 2-30pm.
I'm not sure of the cost. In the depths of my memory I seem to recall the figure of 6 euros for the swimming pool, but can't say for certain now"¦.but don't forget your swimming cap and flip-flops, they are both mandatory. :wink:

When you come out of the swimming pool, have a look around the area, it's called El Calvario and most tourists never venture into this part of Torre.
Head for the Town Hall or the church and then just keep walking in a downhill direction and eventually you will reach Torremolinos town centre.
Walk straight down Calle San Miguel, down the steps and onto the promenade, walk right around the headland (Roca Chica) and back to the Hotel Cabello"¦..
If it's an overcast dry day and you're at a loss what to do with yourselves, I reckon that would be a good day out. :wink:
http://www.ayto-torremolinos.org/pmdt/img/mapa.jpg

Piscina Olímpica Municipal "Virgen del Carmen"
C/ Pedro Navarro Bruna, s/n. 29620 TORREMOLINOS
Tel: +34 95 205 20 02

Sanji
Great thanks for the info Sanji- we might take a wander into the area but I think we'll be giving the indoor pool a miss. My hubby has to be persuaded to go swimming at the best of times but no way would he wear a swimming cap- In fact, I'm laughing my head off just imagining him at the side of the pool in his bathing cap :rofl
My missus didn't have to imagine, Shirl.. they handed me a pink one... she thought she'd wed Buster Bloodvessel :oops:
My missus didn't have to imagine, Shirl.. they handed me a pink one... she thought she'd wed Buster Bloodvessel

:rofl

well time will tell if we succeed in crashing in on an unsuspecting hotel pool :think or we might just spend our time on the beach. Here's hoping for some sunshine and heat anyway :cheers :sun2
Just wander into any of the Hotel and look confident as if you know where you are going. The larger Hotel the better :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.