Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi
Anyone going out to the Hyatt Taba in next few weeks..if you have any reading material you have finished with over there, and don't want to take home.......any donations greatfully received, for us following behind (Kay arrive 10/9 and older sis Lyn arrive on 15th)..We will of course leave all ours for those following us.....! And if anyone there for those dates...see you there! (We will be the ones behind the books between snorkelling ventures, but partying hard (wineboxes) in the evenings) :wave
hi all

there is a slim possibility we may go to taba on boxing day.
Would probably stay at the Hyatt regency - my daughter is only 4.5 and as much as we would like to go to Petra I really don't think she'd manage it. So I'm wondering is there anything else days out /trips etc that she could cope with ? I do apprecaite that there is virtually nothing at taba but am wondering if we coudl do 1 or 2 trips ?
do you think all the hotels will do something gala dinner etc for new year ?
and how much is a taxi from airport to taba hts ?
many thanks
Hi spadge,

Have you seen THIS thread? it may answer some of your questions.

MrsMac
Any info welcome.

Can one book non rep trips in Taba to Petra or St Catherine's Monastry? Any ideas on prices?
Has any one stayed at either Radisson SAS OR Holiday INN recently? Hotel Reviews are so mixed as to be toatlly confusing.
What is included in the AI packages? Or what are the extras?
im so pleased spoke to a work colleague who has just come back from taba and she absolutely loved it, we have booked for sonesta beach resort taba for 2006, she stayed at the radisson and she loved it she said it was clean good food and nice people, lovely beach, she did a few of the excursions soz dont know the prices but they were all very enjoyable she went to the monastry, the jeep desert safari, and the trek to the site where moses received the 10 commandments, i hope this helps im sure others will reply who have been, it will be our familys 1st time to taba in 2006 aswell, ttfn louise
Hi
My husband and I are going here from Bristol next week for a week. Just wondered if anyone had any experince with it - any recommendations for things we need to take etc.
We are thinking of doing the day trip to petra? Any other excursions that are worth doing?
Cheers for any help.
Hi! Great holiday, especially if you get good last minute/early booking deal. Much info has already been covered....do check back to past posts for info, also trip reports, hotel reviews from tricia, andy, myself, others etc. Any specific questions I will be more than happy to try to help
....we didnt do the Petra trip personally, but no one we spoke to did not enjoy it. Definitely the best hotel on the complex..amazing grounds and pools. Yes food boring at end of holiday..but that is normal for any hotel from our experience. Bar expensive, but in perspective is a minimal element of the holiday..take duty frees and remember you get fantastic holiday at great price.....I agree with other comments recently, I think prices will rise before long..
We thought great value for medium haul guaranteed weather...thoroughly recommend
Regards Lyn
I'm staying at the Hyatt in February and i'm looking forward to doing some snorkelling! I was just wandering what type of fish and coral im likely to see there?!? Is the coral colourful? because i read somewhere that a lot of it was damaged through irresponsible people walking on it!

Thanks
James
I've also just bought 2 books on Red Sea Fishes and Corals so im swatting up in preperation!
:D
Hi - Hope someone can help. I'm planning a two week holiday in Taba Heights in February but will need to do some work when I'm there. :(

Does anyone know if there are Internet cafes available or if the hotels (eg Hyatt) has it? If so, any idea of the cost?

Many thanks
hey the hyatt does have internet but it is still the slow dial up took us 30mins just to log on to hotmail and check emails really very slow! can't remember the cost! one of the other hotels may have better connection? bu i'm not sure!
With so many great deals to these places i'm having a hard choice deciding where to go in sept. Can anybody help?
Hi, anyone been to Taba end or May/June time, could you let me know if I will need to take the mozzie stuff. Thanks
Went in May 2 years ago and June last year and didn't see a single mozzie on either occasion :D
Thinking about going in July this year so would also be interested in when the mozzie season actually is.

Frazz
Hi, can anyone tell me if there are facilities / banks to change some money into small Egyptian notes, as you can in Sharm.

Thanks
Sorry, to add to my previous posting, it should read at Taba Airport are there any banks / facilities for changing a bit of money for some small Egyptian notes, or would I be better taking some $1 notes for the first day or so. Thanks
Off to the Sonesta Beach Resort in Taba. Has anyone travelled with first Choice to this region recently and know what trips are on offer and how much they charging.
I have heard all trips in this region have an extra charge because of the remoteness of the region
We are thinking more on doing 2 or 3 cheaper trips rather than the dearer ones..... st catherines monastry or a day snorkaling/beach boat trip etc.
Hi Knitter
Just got our tickets today we are off to the Sonesta Beach at Taba 11th June for a week and can't wait.

There are quite a few trips to go on locally and I would imagine that there would be a reduction in cost due to recent events still you never know, when are you going.
Happy Hols
Pete & Ann
8) :glynis :sun
Hi Eygtain Pete.
We are going on the 11th of July. So I will be full of question when you get back :D Who are you travelling. If you go to a rep meeting can you keep the price list. Then you could give us an idea of the cost of the trips.

I hope you have a great holiday you must be counting the hours :mrgreen:

Karen and Paul
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.