Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Shirley we stay at The Royal Goan Beach Club in Benaulim its just behind the Taj havent stayed at the Taj
but normally walk through the grounds to the beach,it looks fab we have stopped at the coffee shop there and
also had breakfast there a few mornings,i am sure you will love it it really is 5 star,there are a few good shacks
in front of the hotel and a good place for evening meal just behind the Taj is Joe Cons
ann
Thanks Ann - it's very quiet this year, usually we see far more holiday reports on this and the TripAdvisor web site and as this is our first time in Benaulim I want to gather as much up to date information on the resort and the local area as possible. If you can think of anything else what would be useful it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Shirley
Hi Shirley there.s not a lot around the Taj area you have the Beach club behind but thats about it
The village of Benaulim is quite a walk away the area is called Maria Hall,we split our time between
Benaulim [ Royal Goan] and the Hatthi Mahal in Cavelossim there are lots more shops and good restaurants
in Cavelossim but its a good 10/15mins taxi ride from the Taj.
ann
That sounds fine Ann - we like the peace and quiet, though it would be nice to travel somewhere else in the evening for a meal and a 'shop', how much would a taxi to Cavelossim cost?

Shirley
Not to sure Shirley but would think no more than 250rps to Cavelossim ,some regulars to the south may
be able to help on this seasons fares ,it was a year ago we were there so fares have probably changed
ann
Just South of the Taj on the beach is an excellent shack called Zumbrai - substantial sunbeds, good food & a perfect spot to have an afternoon beer, and a G&T whilst watching the sunset - before either returning to the Taj or even staying on the beach & having your evening meal there as well.

Regards

Hemingway
Thanks Hemingway and Ann - I must make lots of notes before we go so I don't forget what shacks we need to try.

If any other regulars have recommendations please let me know.

Kind regards,

Shirley
Hemingway just thought about the good steaks at Zumbrai!! lovely family there make
you so welcome :sun2
ann
shirley when are going?
We fly out on 12th April from Manchester - we usually go in March (for our wedding aniversary) but have to go later this year due to work commitments so we are going to celebrate hubby's birthday instead!

Shirley
Ann,

Yes - one of the lads had gone to Dubai when we were there in December. The guy who seems like the manager always gives a very good exchange rate for Sterling (don't shoot me, :offtop , I know) & there never seems to be a restriction as to how much he can change. . . . . . . . . .

I like Zumbrai steak with garlic sauce, as well as the king prawns in garlic butter. . . . . . hungry just thinking about them!

What about Longhuinos - North of the Taj & slightly in land - I've had a couple of nce meals there but in December it was very quiet! Also, Dominics - a shack near Longhuinos - I ate a lovely curry there but one of our party had a tuna steak & it was like old shoe leather!

Oh well - only 6 weeks on Saturday until we go back for a fortnight. . . . . . . .

Regards

Hemingway
Wish it were me going, have to wait untill Nov,yes we like Dominic,s shack :cheers
ann
forgot about the garlic sauce mmmmmmmm
Some friends spent their honeymoon in the Taj in January and had a fab time. They could not fault it...
and are planning to return next year.

We use the Sun'n'Moon which is on the back of the beach to the left of the Taj as you go on to the beach. The food and service are excellent. If you walk either way on the beach you will find shacks where you can eat and drink at sensible prices and the food is quite safe no matter what you may be told.
Thanks Cocopop, pity your friends aren't members of this site so they could add an uptodate Hotel review! If the shacks in the South are anything like the ones in the North I won't worry - the food especially seafood in the shacks in Goa are second to none, I can taste the tandori king prawns and garlic naan as I type!

Shirley
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.